Shoutbox

[REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design (/showthread.php?tid=82937)

[REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Bram on 04-04-2008 at 08:15 AM

Hi

A friend of me who is a Grafical Designer, made a concept art of a Messenger Skin. He made it just as an expiriment. But now there were friends of him who asked him to create it.

He's knowledge of Skinning is zero, but he can make all the pictures you want to use.

Screenshot:

[Image: messenger-skin.jpg]

Is there anyone who wants to help him withs making this draft into a real skin? If so, contact him at his website.

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Froggle on 04-04-2008 at 08:35 AM

Thanks to request Bram! So, on my deviantART are requests to code this skin, but I can't. It was just experience to design a messenger skin. When someone want to code it, you may all files you need, and of course a reference on deviantART. ;)

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Matti on 04-04-2008 at 08:53 AM

That's a very nice concept in fact, and I think it's very possible to make such skin. The only thing I know you won't be able to do is the semi-transparent border around the window. This is because of the way Messenger draws its windows, they're drawn on a child window and thus the result must be fully opaque. I don't know if it's possible to align the "Search in contact list" text to the right, and I also don't think it's handy to type right-aligned in that box. As for the rest, it looks very doable. :)

I'd love to help you, only I haven't skinned in years and I still need to find time learning it again using the new techniques Plus! Live offers. But I hope that someone will find this topic and give it a try. Or you can try to learn skinning yourself, if you want. You can always ask help on these forums, but remember to search first! :)

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Spunky on 04-04-2008 at 11:50 AM

Very nice design, I'd use it for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
The only thing I know you won't be able to do is the semi-transparent border around the window

I can't quite see where you are referring too. It all looks white to me

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by mynetx on 04-04-2008 at 11:58 AM

I love this skin design. Sleek, lightweight, really good (Y).

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Matti on 04-04-2008 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Around the two windows, there's a semi-transparent black (maybe grey) border of about 5 pixels thick. You should see it clearly at the top of the image, at the bottom the background may be too dark to see the border. If you still can't see it... maybe get a pair of glasses? :P
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Nagamasa on 04-04-2008 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Look in the top right corner. :)

I could skin this, now that I finished Life of Vista...\

The only problem is that I should try changing the font. :P

Send me a PM, and yeah :P
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Matti on 04-04-2008 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I read that Plus! Live 4.60 supports a new <Fonts> section for the SkinInfo.xml, which you can use for custom fonts which will only be used by the skin and aren't installed system-wide. I think that using this new feature, there shouldn't be a problem to implement the use of a different font for the skin. :)
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by warmth on 04-04-2008 at 06:09 PM

I like it... so bad that I don't have time yet to take care of all the projects I want :(!!!

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Nagamasa on 04-05-2008 at 01:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I read that Plus! Live 4.60 supports a new <Fonts> section for the SkinInfo.xml, which you can use for custom fonts which will only be used by the skin and aren't installed system-wide. I think that using this new feature, there shouldn't be a problem to implement the use of a different font for the skin. :)
I know we can...but do we just stick a font into the folder and cite it in SkinInfo and Voila! the font gets changed Messenger-wide?
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Matt-in on 04-06-2008 at 04:57 PM

Wow So stylish Design, Someone Get your hands on this beautiful skin :) Im sure most of the people would love it:)

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by mynetx on 04-09-2008 at 11:28 AM

Looks like it will become the 2nd production of “mynetx & Bumba”... :D

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Volv on 04-09-2008 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Looks like it will become the 2nd production of &#8220;mynetx & Bumba&#8221;... :D
And Froggle :p
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by rajvora on 04-09-2008 at 12:53 PM

One of the best (potentially atleast) skins ive seen out here !!

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Froggle on 04-09-2008 at 02:03 PM

I have create a little update. ;)

[Image: cwc3mgm816uer2dts9rjqh6u1.jpg]

Changelog:
- Online/Offline/Busy/Away/Webmessenger icons in contactlist changed.
- Listening to music icon added.
- Selected contact bar.
- Small finally things.

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Andylongi on 04-09-2008 at 02:09 PM

Looks awesaome think i will use it !

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Froggle on 04-09-2008 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Looks awesaome think i will use it !
Thanks! (Y)

I must at a later time also designed a conversion window. I hope to got time this weekend. ;)
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Nathan on 04-09-2008 at 02:48 PM

I must say, that is a damn sexy design!

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by vikke on 04-09-2008 at 02:53 PM

Looks pretty nice, here's some suggestions:
1. Change color on the PSM-text and Wordwheel-text to the same one used on "Email" and "Password" on the sign-in window. This is because it's hard to read it (very light gray) without having to concentrate.
2. Change the close, maximize, minimize buttons to something else that would fit the skin.

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Th3rmal on 04-09-2008 at 08:57 PM

has anybody started making this skin yet?

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Dempsey on 04-09-2008 at 09:58 PM

I've not used any skins yet, but I think I would use a nice simple skin like this!

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Nagamasa on 04-10-2008 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
He hasn't replied to the email I sent to him via his website...
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by TheSteve on 04-10-2008 at 12:47 AM

Don't forget to design scrollbars.

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by warmth on 04-10-2008 at 02:35 AM

what I like the most are the checks... :D!!!

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Froggle on 04-10-2008 at 07:40 AM

quote:
No, and the skin is not already. Message windows is missing.
Coming soon. ;)
RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Bram on 04-10-2008 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Froggle
quote:
No, and the skin is not already. Message windows is missing.
Coming soon. ;)

euh ... Frank, we are making it ...

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Looks like it will become the 2nd production of “mynetx & Bumba”... :D

RE: [REQUEST] Skin based on a friends design by Spunky on 04-10-2008 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bram
euh ... Frank, we are making it .

They still need to be designed first