Shoutbox

[HELP] status icon next to nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [HELP] status icon next to nickname (/showthread.php?tid=82944)

[HELP] status icon next to nickname by stuartbennett on 04-04-2008 at 05:21 PM

in the image below, which is a forum signature of a guy called "jose" he has a buddy icon just to the right of his nickname on what appears to be the main contact list dashboard, i am not entirely sure if this is a screenshot of something he figured out how to do in skinning or a screenshot of a feature in a skin he downloaded or if its a neat trick he did in photoshop to make it look like WLM can do that.

[Image: 304-0.png]

in any case i would like to be able to do this on my messenger so how do i get that symbal to appear next to my nickname and update itself when my status updates just out of interest?

RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by Nagamasa on 04-04-2008 at 09:12 PM

Um this is done with a script by MeEtc, names YASS which coordinates your WLM information into an updated signature. This is by no means a screenshot of WLM.

RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by stuartbennett on 04-05-2008 at 06:42 AM

yeah ok i see now wow thats a cool script, its just a shame skinning cant allow you to do this in the actual wlm client.

RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by blessedguy on 04-05-2008 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
yeah ok i see now wow thats a cool script, its just a shame skinning cant allow you to do this in the actual wlm client.
yeah... (I'd love the buddy icon inside the Display Pic container, like in my sig, too)It's a cool script...

But haven't anyone tried to do that (as I know...Willz has managed to add "satus icons" inside the contact list pics) in the dashboard yet?
RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by stuartbennett on 04-06-2008 at 07:39 AM

i know that he has got the buddys overlayed on the dp's in 1004 and 1009 but how you do it in dashboard well willz is the most likely to figure it out i guess.

RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by Basilis on 04-06-2008 at 09:33 AM

Or Volv. He is the one who first put the status icons on the Display Picture boxes in the contact list. In his Deep Blue skin.

RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by stuartbennett on 04-06-2008 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Or Volv. He is the one who first put the status icons on the Display Picture boxes in the contact list. In his Deep Blue skin.

did he?i always perceived deep blue as a very minimalistic skin from its screenshot so never downloaded it.
RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by Nagamasa on 04-06-2008 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis

did he?i always perceived deep blue as a very minimalistic skin from its screenshot so never downloaded it.
Yes he did. In fact, it was on the screenshot.
RE: [HELP] status icon next to nickname by stuartbennett on 04-06-2008 at 02:26 PM

oh yeah i see it now (well when using a magnifying glass)