Shoutbox

google plans? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: google plans? (/showthread.php?tid=82950)

google plans? by matt on 04-04-2008 at 09:14 PM

hey guys, i was watching at these videos and got quite shock with the supposed ''google master plan'' ..... is google really trying to dominate just like this video says?:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=1hVH2FbP1cg&feature=related

and this one too:

http://www.deltaasesores.com/recu/VI001.html

RE: google plans? by Jarrod on 04-04-2008 at 09:19 PM

holy crap google can try but there will always be a piracy scene:P

RE: google plans? by Jesus on 04-04-2008 at 10:26 PM

lol it's not like they're the only ones that store "private" data on the internet...
It's basic knowledge that every email provider can and probably do read and store any info you send via email, including ms (hotmail), yahoo, etc.

IMO this is just one of those "oh noes they're watching us like we're all too important and we're all going to die!!1!" propaganda videos.
Seriously, if you worry about stuff like this, what the F are you doing on the internet?? You should be in some kind of cave completely seperated from all human life to prevent anyone from gathering data about you.
[/rant]

RE: google plans? by Eljay on 04-04-2008 at 10:41 PM

Everyone knows Google is Skynet.

RE: google plans? by aNILEator on 04-04-2008 at 11:20 PM

Johnny 5 needs more input!

That was a very well created video though :), nice use of animation etc, I just don't agree with it :P

RE: google plans? by Th3rmal on 04-04-2008 at 11:22 PM

i liked the way the guy said "privacy"

RE: RE: google plans? by matt on 04-04-2008 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Johnny 5 needs more input!

That was a very well created video though :), nice use of animation etc, I just don't agree with it :P

I also don't agree completely, but why do you say that? do you have any data or something like that....

Edit: definitely the animation is cool.
RE: google plans? by Eljay on 04-04-2008 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal

He pronounced it in the correct, British way. :P
RE: google plans? by Th3rmal on 04-04-2008 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

He made me rofl while i was watching the clip :P
RE: RE: google plans? by matt on 04-04-2008 at 11:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

He made me rofl while i was watching the clip :P

yeah, speaks funny :P

Edit: But, what do you think? does google really worry about our privacy :lol:
RE: google plans? by aNILEator on 04-05-2008 at 12:57 AM

Well for one, the Google + US gov. = False as they refused to hand over data to the government regarding their users last year, raising suspicions about the Gov. etc so I doubt that they're working together in that sort of sense.

I personally think Google Family Tree would be pretty cool :D and if I want to search info about my own body, I'd rather use google :P

RE: RE: google plans? by matt on 04-05-2008 at 02:02 AM

quote:
I personally think Google Family Tree would be pretty cool :D and if I want to search info about my own body, I'd rather use google :P

:) tracking, i really hope this is the case because i also do like Google more than others and would be horrible to know that Google is betraying us or giving information for bad reasons
RE: google plans? by aNILEator on 04-05-2008 at 02:21 AM

i think these days we just have to accept other companies know your full details. Even though laws will be against it, they will leak or be sold etc

RE: RE: google plans? by matt on 04-05-2008 at 02:30 AM

quote:
i think these days we just have to accept other companies know your full details. Even though laws will be against it, they will leak or be sold etc

agreed.  accepting that in order to have the service that you want.
RE: google plans? by Baggins on 04-05-2008 at 02:44 AM

Regarding the first video, I would rather see ads I am interested in than ones about cosmetics.

RE: google plans? by Eddie on 04-05-2008 at 06:11 AM

I like the way the first video was made, and i agree with bilbo...

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
Regarding the first video, I would rather see ads I am interested in than ones about cosmetics.

RE: google plans? by Jarrod on 04-05-2008 at 07:22 AM

i actually kinda agree,
for example google does control the infomation we find on the internet, for exaple piracy sites are often removed from google's page rank, and in theory google could censor the internet and we would be none the wiser...
stupid paranoia

RE: RE: google plans? by matt on 04-05-2008 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
i actually kinda agree,
for example google does control the infomation we find on the internet, for exaple piracy sites are often removed from google's page rank, and in theory google could censor the internet and we would be none the wiser...
stupid paranoia

i was thinking on that too.  but this shouldn't just be google, i don't know what hotmail does, something similar.
RE: google plans? by Menthix on 04-05-2008 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
for example google does control the infomation we find on the internet, for exaple piracy sites are often removed from google's page rank, and in theory google could censor the internet
But you're not forced to use Google, there are alternatives to all of their services... It becomes a real problem when you're forced to use it (think government filter like in China) and even then there are proxies.

The whole argument of text relevant ads is irrelevant... Every mailprovider could technically read your mail. Just think about it, the mail is stored on their servers. Google doesn't magically have more access to your mail than any other normal mailserver on earth since the beginning of the internet.

Connection to the CIA? Sure, they probably have talks. But like Nile said, Google refused to hand over certain data to the US government, while in the same case companies like AOL did hand over the requested data.

The second movie is just pure humour... a anti Google clip hosted on a site flooded with Google ads :D.
RE: google plans? by Svip on 04-05-2008 at 10:29 PM

Google World Domination... BETA is upon us.  And it will always be in BETA to avoid vendor support.

RE: google plans? by Chris4 on 04-06-2008 at 03:16 AM

Yup.. Microhoo!/YahSoft vs GoogleZon.. can't wait (Y)