Shoutbox

Change contacts manager position - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Change contacts manager position (/showthread.php?tid=82960)

Change contacts manager position by Kim3663 on 04-05-2008 at 11:59 AM

Hi,

Sorry about the very newbie-like question.....

How do I change the position of the contacts manager in a skin? (ie from the top of the window to the bottom). I've got a skin I like, its just that even when I patch messenger to put the contacts manager on the bottom, it wont with the skin there.

Also, in this skin, how do I change it so that I can put the sign out button (available in the messenger patch) in the main window next to the other icons?

Thanks,
Kim

RE: Change contacts manager position by blessedguy on 04-09-2008 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kim3663
I've got a skin I like, its just that even when I patch messenger to put the contacts manager on the bottom, it wont with the skin there.

Also, in this skin, how do I change it so that I can put the sign out button (available in the messenger patch) in the main window next to the other icons?

Thanks,
Kim
well...wich skin are you talking about?
depending of who is its creator, he can give you a lil help.

About the signout shortcut... If you check out the database when Aurora Live 1.10 comes out you'll see it has the signout button in Msg's two main windows! =}
RE: Change contacts manager position by Willz on 04-09-2008 at 12:42 AM

Somehow i think she just wants a quick fix and not to actually go into editing a skin.

Unfortunately thats how it is with skins, patches cant be used because a skin will always over write a patch since a patch is applied directly to messenger and a skin will always load on top of what is in Messenger.

The only way you can get it happening is:

A: Learn to skin
B: Contact the author and see if they are willing to add it into their skin.

RE: Change contacts manager position by Kim3663 on 04-09-2008 at 01:42 PM

I've been making a few other little changes to the skin since i got it, so I'm quite happy to be editing the skin. I'm just curious as to where in the coding for the skin i will find the part/s about the layout of the contacts manager

RE: Change contacts manager position by Basilis on 04-09-2008 at 01:54 PM

You have to edit the UI files, not the skin info itself. For the thing you want, you need to edit the 1001 definition file

RE: Change contacts manager position by blessedguy on 04-09-2008 at 05:13 PM

if you want, tell me the name of the skin and i'll try to add it for you!