Shoutbox

Checking if someone nudges you? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Checking if someone nudges you? (/showthread.php?tid=82984)

Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 02:23 AM

Is it possible to check if someone nudges you?

Thanks. :)

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Eddie on 04-06-2008 at 02:25 AM

Why would you need to check, it comes up in your window anyway? ^o)

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 02:26 AM

For a script I'm making. I want it to do something when someone sends a nudge.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Chris4 on 04-06-2008 at 02:33 AM

Searching the Scripting Documentation for the word 'nudge' gets no results, so I presume the answer to your question is no, sorry.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 02:41 AM

But then how did other people make their scripts automaticly nudge for a reason?

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Chris4 on 04-06-2008 at 02:52 AM

Have a read of their code...

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 03:03 AM

Of course, I don't understand most of the code. >_>

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Lou on 04-06-2008 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE
Of course, I don't understand most of the code. >_>
That will potentially be a problem when scripting, if you can't read what you need to write in the first place.
RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 03:12 AM

I'm a beginner, I only started scripting last week.

RE: RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by segosa on 04-06-2008 at 03:38 AM

quote:
But then how did other people make their scripts automaticly nudge for a reason?

There's a difference between detecting a nudge, and sending a nudge.
RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 04:09 AM

Look, none of this is helping. If you have any very helpful information or at least how to detect a nudge, go ahead and post. But if you don't, please don't post.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by matty on 04-06-2008 at 04:16 AM

Packet sniffing

Only current possible way is using Xniff. Is it reliable? No.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 04:19 AM

Okay. Would you tell me where to get Xniff? Google's not loading for some reason.

Thanks. :)

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by MeEtc on 04-06-2008 at 04:21 AM

[Release] Xniff (ActiveX Packet Sniffer) - Examples inside

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 04:25 AM

Okay. Thanks!

Edit: Oh dear, I don't know how to work ActiveX Contol. :|

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Aardvark on 04-06-2008 at 09:43 AM

Offtopic: If you don't know how to read the code this would be an excellent place to start to develop your skills (if you're interested). You don't have to understand what every single statement means and does, but as long as you can understand what the gist of the code is doing and telling you, you're already off to a good start.

Not only will these skills allow you to interpret other people's scripts, but possibly even allow you to extract the various parts you want to use yourself (provided they have cited it is ok to use their work if they are recognised as owning the portion of code in yours)

Anyway, if you are new to scripting you should be doing basic things first to develop your skills, working your way up to the more complex things (such as what you're working on now?) Or maybe you've already done that.

That's just my opinion of course.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Spunky on 04-06-2008 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Okay. Thanks!

I'm currently making something that will "teach" people how to use Xniff properly and discover which protocol messages mean what. Obviously, there are quite a few messages to cover so this may take a while
RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 04:44 PM

Okay.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CookieRevised on 04-06-2008 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Okay. Thanks!

I'm currently making something that will "teach" people how to use Xniff properly and discover which protocol messages mean what. Obviously, there are quite a few messages to cover so this may take a while
No offense but all that is already done:

How to use Xniff properly:

What are the protocol messages:
- Also the post from Xniff gives a good example how to sniff all messages
- http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/
- http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/Main_Page
- http://zoronax.bot2k3.net/
- etc

All _very_ clearly explained.

Of course, if you can not walk first, you should never start to run...

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Spunky on 04-06-2008 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Okay. Thanks!

No offense but all that is already done:

How to use Xniff properly:

What are the protocol messages:
- Also the post from Xniff gives a good example how to sniff all messages
- http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/
- http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/index.php/Main_Page
- http://zoronax.bot2k3.net/
- etc

All _very_ clearly explained.

Of course, if you can not walk first, you should never start to run...

I find that they are only explained well in the context of being able to send and receive messages. Messages sniffed appear different to those in the examples they show. Not only would it be a good way to show people how detecting various events occurs, but also good and accurate ways of doing it themselves. Many people who script do not know how to properly use Xniff
RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by CYBERSONIC/REDBONE on 04-06-2008 at 09:28 PM

Um... I meant that I don't know how to use Active X Control.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Jesus on 04-06-2008 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Um... I meant that I don't know how to use Active X Control.
If you can't make that up out of the examples provided with Xniff, then  - as mentioned before in this thread - it's probably beyond your skills to write the script you want.
The example provided really is the most simple scenario in which Xniff can be used.
RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by Spunky on 04-06-2008 at 09:49 PM

This is just a quick knock up of what you need in the script. I'll assume for now that you know what to do. It would probably be best to use this script, edit where the Debug.Trace("You have received a nudge") is to call your own function or whatever you want to do.

RE: Checking if someone nudges you? by TheGuruSupremacy on 04-09-2008 at 10:03 PM

I think i'll integrate this feature in a next version of NudgesToolsScript(Probably after the end of the school)using wincap api or making my own library..I hope you'll enjoy that...Greetings