Shoutbox

Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? (/showthread.php?tid=83054)

Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Th3rmal on 04-09-2008 at 12:05 PM

Does anyone know of any good free alternatives to Mozilla Sunbird?

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by -dt- on 04-09-2008 at 02:45 PM

google calendar?

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Ezra on 04-09-2008 at 03:48 PM

Mozilla Thunderbird with the Lightning extension.

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Tochjo on 04-09-2008 at 04:42 PM

You could take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_personal_information_managers for a list. In addition, if you're looking for an alternative I take it that there's something about Mozilla Sunbird that displeases you. We might be able to advise you better if you told us why you are looking for an alternative :)

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Th3rmal on 04-09-2008 at 08:53 PM

I'm not sure why but everytime i select a time for the an event/task to start of finish, it suddenly jumps back 1 or 2 hours before the actual time i selected, which can get REALLY annoying. I dont know maybe im doing something wrong...

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Dempsey on 04-09-2008 at 09:56 PM

I've been using Thunderbird and Lightning for a while now and it does the job for me!

Have you tried Sunbird 0.8?  it was released last week I believe so maybe the problems you had have been fixed :)

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by lizard.boy on 04-10-2008 at 12:23 AM

I would also suggest trying out Sunbird 0.8. Thunderbird 0.7 had the same time issue for me but 0.8 straightened it out great.

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by Th3rmal on 04-10-2008 at 12:14 PM

i will download later on today and post if the problem is fixed.
EDIT: I just downloaded it and the problem seems to be gone :D. btw can i use my gmail with thunderbird?
EDIT: yes i can lol

RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by lizard.boy on 04-10-2008 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
btw can i use my gmail with thunderbird?

Yes, you can. Also, with the provider extension you can sync Thunderbird's Lightning Calendar with your Google Calendar.
RE: Good (free) alternatives to Sunbird? by CookieRevised on 04-11-2008 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I'm not sure why but everytime i select a time for the an event/task to start of finish, it suddenly jumps back 1 or 2 hours before the actual time i selected, which can get REALLY annoying. I dont know maybe im doing something wrong...
Maybe this is a very silly comment, but seeing also this post from you, maybe your computer time and DST setting is set wrongly. Check that first.