Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Improvements For Skin Options Panel - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Improvements For Skin Options Panel (/showthread.php?tid=83071)

[Suggestion] Improvements For Skin Options Panel by stuartbennett on 04-10-2008 at 05:45 AM

good morning, i ran a search on this section of the forum first and got no results for it so im assuming it hasnt been mentioned before.

what id like to see in the next version of plus is the ability to split the options panel into tabs in much the same way that we have tabs in messenger plus's own preferences, now willz said he mentioned this to the developement team of messenger plus before however being only one person asking for it might not have seemed that good an idea at the time.

well, my skin would certainly benefit from such a feature, i know blessedguy creator of aurora live messenger would also like to see this happen so he can put more options in his skin, so thats atleast 3 people and im sure that many more besides may also desire this feature.

thanks in advance for listing to me and my idea and hope to hear from you soon. what does everyone else think of this feature?

RE: [Suggestion] Tabbed Options panel by Basilis on 04-10-2008 at 03:07 PM

I think it would be great. Each tab would be for each window options. Another suggestion is that we can put more links into buttons and not only the AboutUrl.

RE: [Suggestion] Tabbed Options panel by stuartbennett on 04-10-2008 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I think it would be great. Each tab would be for each window options. Another suggestion is that we can put more links into buttons and not only the AboutUrl.

also the ability to hyperlink images so if say youve used an image to give someone credit then you could hyperlink that image to link to their site, however we seem to be getting just slightly off topic.
RE: [Suggestion] Tabbed Options panel by Basilis on 04-10-2008 at 05:15 PM

Then change the title.:) You know it would be also great if we could show images of what a theme looks like! ;)

RE: [Suggestion] Improvements For Skin Options Panel by stuartbennett on 04-10-2008 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Then change the title. You know it would be also great if we could show images of what a theme looks like! 

yes it would however at present i dont think that windows live messenger gives us any way for the skinning system to be able to do that so we are looking at microsoft changing windows live messenger itself before that can be added to plus im afraid but it is a good idea.