Shoutbox

Messages not being received by or from contacts. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messages not being received by or from contacts. (/showthread.php?tid=83083)

Messages not being received by or from contacts. by lizzie5987 on 04-10-2008 at 08:28 PM

Hello, I have recently had the problem that sometimes the messages I sent to my contacts they are not receiving them. And yesterday my contact tells me they were sending me messages but I didn't see any of them.
Does this problem have to do with my internet connection or is it the MSN messenger?
I am currently running the latest messenger, I have a broadband connection and also have msn plus.
I use norton and already disabled the scanning of messenger.
And when I send the messages to my contacts it does not show me that they did not receive the messages. It just seems that they did, but in reality they didn't.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!:(

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by Th3rmal on 04-10-2008 at 09:32 PM

it is quite possibly a problem with the msn servers. you will just have to wait it out

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by imyj on 04-11-2008 at 02:28 PM

Hi

I had this problem too for the last few weeks.  Yesterday i decided to remove messenger plus and now i can talk as normal.

Something in messenger plus seems to be blocking the messages and i don't know what.  I tried the usual firewall/anti virus disabling and even removing windows live messenger and installing a clean copy.  but no luck.

I am going to wait for an update to MP 4.60 to see if the problem is fixed - it doesn't seem like a msn servers issue to me.

Lets see...

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by Spunky on 04-11-2008 at 05:52 PM

MP!L 4.60 is already out ^o)

Also, it is not MP!L blocking messages. It does not affect the normal processes that WLM goes through to send and obtain information

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by ahmetgns on 04-11-2008 at 10:41 PM

Disable scripts (if any) installed in Messenger Plus! Live. Once upon a time, the Live Notifier script blocked my messages too and when I disabled it, all things started to work fine again.

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by lizzie5987 on 04-12-2008 at 12:09 AM

how do you disable scripts on msn plus?

also the not receiving messages is happening with only one contact, and the same with that contact with me. Is only between us, because my other contacts receive my messages and I receive theirs.

RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by Th3rmal on 04-12-2008 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizzie5987
how do you disable scripts on msn plus?
See Th3rmal's Reply to "I need help with Scripts plz"
Although i doubt its a script...

quote:
also the not receiving messages is happening with only one contact, and the same with that contact with me. Is only between us, because my other contacts receive my messages and I receive theirs.
Then it is mostly likely MSN/WLM server issues

Please dont double post, just edit your previous post :)
RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by Spunky on 04-12-2008 at 12:22 AM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal

Or something on their end ^o)
RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by Th3rmal on 04-12-2008 at 12:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal

Or something on their end ^o)
my mistake
RE: Messages not being received by or from contacts. by lizzie5987 on 04-12-2008 at 06:51 AM

Thank you so much for your help, I hope all of this resolves quickly.
I saw that I don't have scripts so I guess is not that.
I really don't know what is going on, if anyone knows please help :)