Shoutbox

show emote shortcuts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: show emote shortcuts (/showthread.php?tid=83093)

show emote shortcuts by dreaded on 04-11-2008 at 06:22 AM

I was looking for this the other day and that messenger plus had this but cannot find it now. Didn't messenger plus have a option to not show the emotes and only the emote shortcuts then after you hit enter and gave the message to the person then the emote would show?

RE: show emote shortcuts by aNILEator on 04-11-2008 at 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
I was looking for this the other day and that messenger plus had this but cannot find it now. Didn't messenger plus have a option to not show the emotes and only the emote shortcuts then after you hit enter and gave the message to the person then the emote would show?
I know a fair few people who want this, it even creates problems with messenger itself; try the party hat emoticon :P
RE: show emote shortcuts by CanadianOriginal on 04-12-2008 at 01:47 AM

I agree. This is something I thoroughly miss. Especially when I use shortcuts for custom emoticons that include another emoticon's shortcut, and I can't type it because it auto changes before I'm done typing it (I'm not sure I explained that properly).

RE: show emote shortcuts by dreaded on 04-12-2008 at 02:47 AM

Ok stupid question, so msg plus did have it but it was removed?

RE: RE: show emote shortcuts by CanadianOriginal on 04-12-2008 at 06:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Ok stupid question, so msg plus did have it but it was removed?

I honestly can't remember if it was Plus! that had this feature, or if I'm simply remembering a time before Messenger displayed the emoticons in the text box. Either way, I think the suggestion is valid
RE: show emote shortcuts by aNILEator on 04-12-2008 at 11:28 AM

I don't think it was ever a feature of Plus! but it was a feature of Stuffplug if I remember correctly.