Shoutbox

[324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock (/showthread.php?tid=83094)

[324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by mynetx on 04-11-2008 at 06:55 AM

This window suddenly popped up during a Messenger Lock.

[Image: n4trmb.png]

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 9.0.1407
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.324
Skin: Apple Live Messenger 0.2.0

RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by matty on 04-11-2008 at 05:15 PM

Already been reported check the beta forum.

I can't seem to find the thread for this for some reason

RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by ahmetgns on 04-11-2008 at 08:37 PM

Patchou's reply to Contact Invitation when Messenger Locked

RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by mynetx on 04-12-2008 at 03:19 PM

Then sorry about it, seems I was too lazy to have a look before posting (A)

RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by vikke on 04-12-2008 at 03:59 PM

Why not hide all windows created (even addons) by the Messenger process while locked? And then show them when it gets unlocked?

RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by mynetx on 04-13-2008 at 07:34 AM

Well, I guess there is no loop at the moment, like

code:
while(Messenger.IsLocked) {
    FindAllWindowsByProcess(MyProcess);
    foreach(window in windows) {
        if(window.visible)
            HideWindow(window);
    }
    waitSmallTime();
}
Code like this would check every X amount of time if there are unhidden windows from the current process, and such loop could even be created by a script, using the Window class names of the Windows (like Contact Invite Class etc), so why can't Plus' corecore do such? Even a short time having the window on screen before hiding it (maybe after 100 ms), would be better as leaving the window onscreen.
RE: [324] Contact-add window despite Messenger Lock by vikke on 04-13-2008 at 09:46 AM

In C, I would use a hook looking for the WM_CREATE message, and then add it to a std::vector (a dynamic array which does all the allocations automatically). And then add each HWND and it's current state (hidden or visible). In the callback I would also check if Messenger is locked at that stage, and then hide the window if it is.
And then in my OnEvent_MessengerLocked event I would simply loop through the vector, hide all visible windows (but I would not update the state-vector). And in the OnEvent_MessengerUnlocked event I would set every HWND which had the state visible to visible.
I would set the state using the ShowWindow() API or similar.