Shoutbox

music and videos, itunes store - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: music and videos, itunes store (/showthread.php?tid=83110)

music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-11-2008 at 09:22 PM

i hate itunes store because you gotta have an id and password so you can download and buy music or videos, but that's not the only thing, then you can't move your music into several computers because the fucking password must be putted in all the computers and you have 5 authorizations only.

after that you can't put or let's say, share your music with friends because you have already 5 computers using it.  unless you pull out the authorization from 1 computer and assign it to another, but these are just a lot of complications.

do you guys know any other web page, place or anything, where i can download music or videos without having this barrier? i don't care if you need to pay, but it is too much having to have this useless rules in itunes store......

RE: music and videos, itunes store by djdannyp on 04-12-2008 at 12:10 AM

The whole point of LEGAL music is that you can't share it with your friends (i.e. let them have it for free).....because that's illegal

5 computers is pretty generous for authorisation, and it's a pretty decent system for attempting to stopping piracy.

I've been using iTunes for about 3 years now and haven't had a problem with it.

And you'll need a username and password on any kind of legal music site, because otherwise you won't have signed up and paid for it!

RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-12-2008 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
The whole point of LEGAL music is that you can't share it with your friends (i.e. let them have it for free).....because that's illegal

5 computers is pretty generous for authorisation, and it's a pretty decent system for attempting to stopping piracy.

I've been using iTunes for about 3 years now and haven't had a problem with it.

And you'll need a username and password on any kind of legal music site, because otherwise you won't have signed up and paid for it!

yeah, i know about this legal point, my problem is that i bought my music with someone else's account and as it's his account he may need the authorization of my computer, but whatever, i'll have to buy CDs or something like that which is more easy, i like itunes, but the store has been a problem,
RE: music and videos, itunes store by vaccination on 04-12-2008 at 08:06 AM

It's only 5 PCs at one time, you can de-authorize a PC and authorize another.

If you want to buy music without restrictions on it, you need to buy DRM-free music.

I believe you can buy DRM-free music from iTunes, but it costs an extra 30 cents per track.(and whether they actually allow you to do what you want with it I'm uncertain, they may still bind you to a iTunes related machine)

RE: music and videos, itunes store by Jarrod on 04-12-2008 at 08:50 AM

i've heard a bit about this
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/01/qtrax_promises_..._impossible-2.html
it gets companies to pay for the music by advertising
www.qtrax.com/

RE: music and videos, itunes store by saralk on 04-12-2008 at 09:41 PM

The songs with a little plus icon next to them are DRM free, and don't cost any extra (anymore). Although it costs money to upgrade tracks you previously purchased to DRM free.

eMusic and Amazon offer pretty good DRM free music selections.

RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-14-2008 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
The songs with a little plus icon next to them are DRM free, and don't cost any extra (anymore). Although it costs money to upgrade tracks you previously purchased to DRM free.

eMusic and Amazon offer pretty good DRM free music selections.

yeah, i'll try this but otherwise i'll be following the iTunes rules:P
RE: music and videos, itunes store by GiantSpider on 04-14-2008 at 05:20 PM

Or, you could just remove the DRM from the tracks......

RE: music and videos, itunes store by Joe on 04-14-2008 at 05:24 PM

Zune Marketplace has DRM-Free MP3s now.

RE: music and videos, itunes store by RaceProUK on 04-14-2008 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I believe you can buy DRM-free music from iTunes, but it costs an extra 30 cents per track.(and whether they actually allow you to do what you want with it I'm uncertain, they may still bind you to a iTunes related machine)
If it's DRM-free, then you can do whatever you like with it (save for filesharing etc). There'll be no limit on how many machines, no limit on machine type, no limit on number of plays... no limits at all.
RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-14-2008 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Or, you could just remove the DRM from the tracks......

mmmmhhh, yeah... still trying to see how :P
RE: music and videos, itunes store by ryxdp on 04-15-2008 at 03:33 AM

IIRC you can remove DRM if you burn iTunes music to CD and then rip it to mp3 via WMP (worked for me).

Not exactly what you're looking for I think though...

RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by djdannyp on 04-15-2008 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
IIRC you can remove DRM if you burn iTunes music to CD and then rip it to mp3 via WMP (worked for me).

Not exactly what you're looking for I think though...

yeah, if you burn it via a playlist to a music cd and then re-import it into the itunes library (with your import setting set to MP3) then it does remove the DRM......that's how i've got all my iTunes bought music onto my PS3
RE: music and videos, itunes store by aNILEator on 04-15-2008 at 10:33 AM

or download myFairTunes and convert

RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-17-2008 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
or download myFairTunes and convert

thanks, i downloaded myFairTunes, but i have an error, i need to have other version of itunes...:(
RE: music and videos, itunes store by aNILEator on 04-17-2008 at 04:30 AM

I knwo there are alternatives about and updated versions of myfairtunes, I just don't know where, since apples lawyers went C&D'ing the various sites, check torrent sites and obscure forums linking to rapidshare, probably your best bet

RE: RE: music and videos, itunes store by matt on 04-17-2008 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I knwo there are alternatives about and updated versions of myfairtunes, I just don't know where, since apples lawyers went C&D'ing the various sites, check torrent sites and obscure forums linking to rapidshare, probably your best bet

thanks and i get it.  i think i have a old CD with the itunes version that i need, it's 2 years old...:P