Shoutbox

[Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail (/showthread.php?tid=83127)

[Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail by SmokingCookie on 04-12-2008 at 02:27 PM

Hi,

I have another suggestion (sorry, got bored in the weekend :P ).
I have been looking around in the resources of Windows Live Mail (one of the programs that can be chosen from, in the WLM 8.5 installer), and found the same type of 4004 & 4005 resources in "mailres2.dll".

Also, in comparison to WLM's resources, the pictures are 4000 resources (I have encountered some non-PNG resources, from which I cannot figure out their original file formats :( )..

Please consider implementing such a feature in another major release..

Kind regards,
SmokingCookie.

EDIT::

Found bitmaps, icons, language strings, menus and dialogs in "maillang.dll"..

RE: [Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail by aNILEator on 04-12-2008 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
MPL skinning in WL Mail
Although I'd so love a live suite theme, I doubt this will happen, Plus! focuses on Messenger only, I would however like it to skin Windows Live Call. if Possible
RE: [Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail by vikke on 04-12-2008 at 06:30 PM

Mostly new Live products from Microsoft uses the msncore library to render it's windows (also known as uxcore since the 9.0 split up), so Windows Live Mail is using the same method as Windows Live Messenger for its definition, images, styles etc.
Plus! runs inside Messenger's process so it cannot touch the Windows Live Mail process that easily, and therefore I doubt it's going to be implemented in Plus!. Mail Plus! is what you want. :)

RE: [Sug] MPL skinning in WL Mail by Patchou on 04-12-2008 at 08:51 PM

Well, if the Live suite starts becoming more popular, that's definitively something I'll consider (I don't envy the skin developers though if I was to ask them to skin several apps).