Shoutbox

[Update] All Woollie Sheep - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Update] All Woollie Sheep (/showthread.php?tid=83130)

[Update] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-12-2008 at 05:34 PM

It's taken me a little over two months but I've managed to produce a skin of my own.

I had planned to create one "back in the old days", but was put off by the method used. So when the Plus! way came about I just had to have a go. :P

This skin does what most do options wise.

All comments; ideas; and/or requests will be taken and worked on, and new ideas of my own will be added when I learn something new.

A second skin info file is included for English strings if you wish to use them, maybe edit them, up to you.

The tab container is hidden by default as the border I placed it in remains if you have tabs hidden in WLM. So if you use them, select 'Show the Tabs container?' in the options.

Compatibility: Currently WLM 8.5.1302.1018 .. MP!L 4.60

Screenshots:

Range between 3KB and 66KB.

Download: (Updated 24th April) wlm_allwoolliesheep.plsk
Skins database submission .. do note this will be the previous version until the latest is approved!

See what you all make of it, thanks.
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by aNILEator on 04-12-2008 at 05:40 PM

Mind hosting the shots on imageshack or somewhere public?

RE: RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-12-2008 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Mind hosting the shots on imageshack or somewhere public?

Certainly. Put them on ripway. :D
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by Spunky on 04-12-2008 at 06:10 PM

Ripway ftw.

Looks nice. Simple.

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by Basilis on 04-12-2008 at 07:32 PM

Good but I found some bugs. The nickname and the AWS Messenger on the top of the contact list window are hard to read. Also, in the Options Panel, there is too much space and the support button doesn't do anything. It is fine though, just check out the bugs. :)

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by aNILEator on 04-12-2008 at 07:33 PM

Too lazy to download and look but I noticed it has 'classic' bars in share history screenshot, do you use pngs or the theme resource calling thesteve mentioned?

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by Nagamasa on 04-12-2008 at 08:45 PM

I would suggest you not changing the text, as an Arabic user or a Spanish user would see English text.

Overall it seems like a good skin. :)

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by Patchou on 04-12-2008 at 09:03 PM

I like the skin :)

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by blessedguy on 04-12-2008 at 09:14 PM

it is...too white! and simple...
clean is not my style! (can be seen after 5secs of aurora live!)
very nice work though!!

p.s.: loved your sharing history scrollbar!! is it from a theme?? could you sent more screenshots of the scroolbars?!?! i really want to include that on my next release! =) looks like ubuntu's)

RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-12-2008 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Looks nice. Simple.
Thank you. Not to over the top for a first attempt. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
The nickname and the AWS Messenger on the top of the contact list window are hard to read.
Yea I noticed that, the image replacement was part of the update this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
.. there is too much space and the support button doesn't do anything.
Space: for the "un-showable feature" 8-) .. and the beta option when it's in beta stages, saves me messing around. Now if there was an option of tabbing the options . . . *ahem*

The support button was working :S

quote:
..I noticed it has 'classic' bars in share history screenshot
Classic bars? Which part. I'm new to this don't forget. =D

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I would suggest you not changing the text
Default SkinInfo doesn't change the strings. I have included an en_SkinInfo file to replace if users so wish. I'll update my first post with the database description.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I like the skin :)
Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Well it is a first after all.

quote:
loved your sharing history scrollbar!! is it from a theme?? could you sent more screenshots of the scrollbars?!?! i really want to include that on my next release! =) looks like ubuntu's)
Yea um that is Ubuntu's .. I haven't included them in on this skin. I am working on another one that does though, which is accessable from my sig link as a kinda botched beta. :P

I guess I should switch my theme back to xp when taking screenshots. +o(

No comments on the contact card ey?

Thanks for the input on this, I'll get to work on it some time over the next few days and link it here. Saves spamming database updates all the time.
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by aNILEator on 04-12-2008 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djpeggers

What's wrong with white and simple? Google is white and simple. Not all skins have to be in yo face MO FO! I prefer subtlety

I meant the scroll bars looked like windows classic style flat grey, and wondered if you'd used the theme calling to get the resources which thesteve describes here or used the 'normal' method and just used .png's :)
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by blessedguy on 04-12-2008 at 10:40 PM

quote:
No comments on the contact card ey?
well...it seems...weird!
looks like it is smaller, without plus buttons, and has blank places! =O

quote:
Yea um that is Ubuntu's .. I haven't included them in on this skin.
You didn't, but now i'm including them, plus the other ubuntu buttons, since i found a nice ubuntu theme for Vista.

quote:
I meant the scroll bars looked like windows classic style flat grey, and wondered if you'd used the theme calling to get the resources which thesteve describes here or used the 'normal' method and just used .png's :)

I remembered that sharing history scrolls are from windows themes...
and he also said that:
quote:
Yea um that is Ubuntu's ..

quote:
What's wrong with white and simple? Google is white and simple.

That's why I use iGoogle, in another words...google with themes, so that it becomes stuffed and amazing!

quote:
Not all skins have to be in yo face MO FO!
Fortunately not! Imagine if all skins were like I like...the Plus! website would be ruined!
"To be Different is to be Normal, to be Equal is to be Boring!", like most people I know (and I) say...
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by Justin on 04-12-2008 at 10:57 PM

Wales now loves you.

RE: RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-12-2008 at 11:06 PM

quote:
quote:
Yea um that is Ubuntu's .. I haven't included them in on this skin.
You didn't, but now i'm including them, plus the other ubuntu buttons, since i found a nice ubuntu theme for Vista.
Glad I could inspire you.

quote:
As blessedguy said. :)

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
Wales now loves you
What about Aberdeen ;)
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by blessedguy on 04-12-2008 at 11:14 PM

tested it!
loved some features like the change status dropdown in the dashboard (until now, I've managed to include each status into a separated icon, as you can see in AuroraLive 1.10), but some others, like the ocntactcard...looks kindof unused...
also...were did the tabs go!! they aren't hidden!!!
edit: managed how to show the tabs again :S
if you need help in something, ask me by mail (blessedguy_skins@live.com), and i'll help you =)

edit2: also, your contact search bar does not move, even when the option says it should

RE: RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-12-2008 at 11:40 PM

quote:
tested it!
loved some features like the change status dropdown in the dashboard
:p I like that too.

quote:
until now, I've managed to include each status into a separated icon
:o Really, I had that idea a few days ago, along the toolbar. I just need to look in to finding out the cmdid's for each one so they work as planned.

The tabs container is now separated so if people hide tabs via WLM by default they see a 2 pixel border that I can't shift. So I compromised. :)

The contact search bar: In defs/contact_bar.txt do a search for MoveCB and change to MoveBar .. there are 4 instances.

Support button: In options/options.xml do a search for AboutURL and change to AboutUrl.

A side question, how many pople you know of actually use the contact card? Should I change it back and have an option to change it or leave it as is for uniqueness?
RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by blessedguy on 04-12-2008 at 11:46 PM

quote:
A side question, how many pople you know of actually use the contact card? Should I change it back and have an option to change it or leave it as is for uniqueness?
In fact...lot of people use it...at least those who have spaces and skydrive accounts.
I think it would be nice if you gave that option, but it's your skin, your choice
RE: RE: [Release] All Woollie Sheep by deAd on 04-13-2008 at 03:39 AM

quote:
List controls are not windowless, so that is actually a real scrollbar using windows graphics.
RE: [Update] All Woollie Sheep by djpeggers on 04-24-2008 at 04:29 PM

I have made a few small updates to this skin, tidying a few bits up here and there.

I also added the option to remove the song links, and slightly re-arranged the options panel.

The screenshots remain in the initial post, aswell as the download link. I'm submitting to the database now so avoid that one for a while since it's not the updated version.