Shoutbox

[Quickie] Plus! restores Idle status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Quickie] Plus! restores Idle status (/showthread.php?tid=83155)

[Quickie] Plus! restores Idle status by RaceProUK on 04-14-2008 at 01:19 PM

I'm not sure that it should.

Basically, whenever I turn on my PS3, the router reboots. No, I don't know why. Yes, it only happens with the PS3. No, I don't blame the PS3 for it. </flameprevention> Anyway, the router of course boots the PC off the Net, Messenger (in Idle status) signs out soon after. Router recovers, PC reconnects, Messenger signs in, Plus! sets Idle status.

While I consider this a bug, I do concede that some people may want this behaviour. So maybe it should be configurable?

<offtopic>
My router issues extend beyond the PS3 reboot issue. Garry's Mod can cause the router to freeze.

No, I don't know why.

RE: [Quickie] Plus! restores Idle status by ahmetgns on 04-18-2008 at 08:44 PM

I think Plus! has nothing to do with these. It only substitute one Away status with Idle status without touching how and when Messenger sets statuses.

Also if you don't touch mouse and keyboard for a period that is specified in Messenger options, then even if Messenger starts a new session, it starts with Idle status regardless of the status selected for signing in.

RE: [Quickie] Plus! restores Idle status by RaceProUK on 04-21-2008 at 03:52 PM

Y'know, I coulda sworn Plus! had a 'Restore last status' option. Seems it doesn't exist.

Meh.