Shoutbox

Hide Ads with .reg files??? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Hide Ads with .reg files??? (/showthread.php?tid=83160)

Hide Ads with .reg files??? by TheSourcE on 04-14-2008 at 05:17 PM

How do you show or hide the advertisement of the Contact List witth .reg files?

RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by warmth on 04-14-2008 at 06:33 PM

sorry but this is not a topic you can talk here openly... I see no body answering you this question....

RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by matty on 04-14-2008 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
sorry but this is not a topic you can talk here openly... I see no body answering you this question....
Again what is with you and pushing your opinions...

Some skins provide you the functionality to be able to do this. I wont be naming any because if some are in the DB we don't want them to be removed. It is a 2 part process. You need to check the SkinInfo.xml file to see if there are any features that may be disabled/commented out. If you uncomment them and change their defaults to TRUE and as well you would need to create registry equivalents yourself that corresponding to the name of the option.

Reboot and the ads should be gone.
RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by Basilis on 04-14-2008 at 07:33 PM

Just check what the reg file says in one of the skins that hide the ads and then find it in definitions 920 & 923

RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by John Anderton on 04-14-2008 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Just check what the reg file says in one of the skins that hide the ads and then find it in definitions 920 & 923
Dependent on the version of WLM, I believe. :)
RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by aNILEator on 04-14-2008 at 11:25 PM

If you want help take a look on the msgstuff forums skinning section there's a how-to on there that I wrote.

RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by TheSteve on 04-15-2008 at 01:02 AM

I don't know from experience or anything, but generally .reg files are files that will add stuff to the registry when you import them.  So if you check the contents of the file to make sure that it's not going to crash your computer, just double click the file.

RE: Hide Ads with .reg files??? by vikke on 04-15-2008 at 07:24 PM

Some skins have hidden registry keys, which holds whether or not to hide the advertisement. And then the skin creators made a .reg file to make the option easier to access for his friends. I guess that's where they come from.