Shoutbox

A request: For auto adding contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: A request: For auto adding contacts (/showthread.php?tid=83226)

A request: For auto adding contacts by KEvinGupta on 04-17-2008 at 07:59 PM

Hello, developers.

This is just a request to all developers. Please make a script where people will be auto added to my msn and the group I select.

Also, please make it one per msn based or many msn based. I mean there are many people like me who use more then one account at the same time on one computer.

So, instead of it working on all msn accounts I just want it to work on one msn account not all :)

So, please make one asap and release it asap :D

Thank You

RE: A request: For auto adding contacts by MeEtc on 04-20-2008 at 07:52 AM

You can have WLM automatically accept new contacts without getting the prompt (but I'm not sure if it will add them automatically)
As far as a script goes, it is not possible for a script to detect when a contact adds you, nor can scripts interact with contact groups at all.

Simply put, its not possible with scripting.

RE: A request: For auto adding contacts by KEvinGupta on 04-20-2008 at 07:59 AM

oo noo :(

thank you for this anyway

RE: RE: A request: For auto adding contacts by Masry on 08-06-2008 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
You can have WLM automatically accept new contacts without getting the prompt (but I'm not sure if it will add them automatically)
How can I do that ?
I need when a contact add me to their contacts list they see me online instantly, I don't care if they get added in my contacts list or not .
RE: A request: For auto adding contacts by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 02:00 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Masry
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
How can I do that ?
I need when a contact add me to their contacts list they see me online instantly, I don't care if they get added in my contacts list or not .
From the main Messenger menu, go to Tools > Options > Privacy.

On that tab you need to disable:
    Only people on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages

Then you can disable:
    Alert me when other people add me to their contact list.

Important notes:

Security and privacy wise, disabling these options is not a good idea! Every stranger will be able to add you and start a chat with you. Your Reverse List (the list you see when you press the "View" button on that Privacy options tab) will grow fast, and there are limits on all these lists.

Contacts who add you, will not automatically be added to your Contact List. But they will be added to your Allow List and Reverse List.

[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: A request: For auto adding contacts by Pryds on 08-17-2008 at 04:18 AM

dont work here :S

I add but they do not appear on the Answer List, and therefore do not work

EDIT:
OMG WRONG TOPIC ;X