Shoutbox

Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing (/showthread.php?tid=83301)

Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing by A-Bite on 04-20-2008 at 07:01 PM

As it says in the title, when my friend sets to away and types what she wants to put into the name tag option, when she clicks personalize its not personalized, it will just change her status to away or what ever she set it too.
No idea why it has started doing this because it was fine about 2 nights ago.
Short of a re-install/repair installation is there anything that can be done?

Another thing too, when you use the commands like /away or /busy you don't get the personalized name dialog box. Is this just me or is it not implimented yet?

RE: Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing by ahmetgns on 04-25-2008 at 06:18 PM

Let her disable roaming option of Messenger, Tools>Options>General>Use the same display picture and personal message whereever I sign in. Now, if it still cannot be used, try setting a personal message in Personalized Status window. Can it successfully be set?

For the commands question; there is a dedicated command for Personalized Status window, /persostat. Use it when you need it. Only Away status, not others, can trigger Personalized Status window and only when it is set from Messenger's own menus.

RE: Personalized Status - Name Tag not showing by A-Bite on 04-26-2008 at 12:37 PM

Nope, didn't work. Shes having to format he pc now anyway, too many viruses. Thats probably why its not working, corrupt file maybe, i dunno. Anyway, thanks for trying