Shoutbox

Xbox Live Maintenance - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Xbox Live Maintenance (/showthread.php?tid=83312)

Xbox Live Maintenance by Eddie on 04-21-2008 at 09:30 AM

I go to login to play some Call of Duty 4 online and i get a Xbox Live Maintenance notification, anyone got any ideas in the point of the maintenance? *-)

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Volv on 04-21-2008 at 09:42 AM

They sent out a message on Saturday to all users (or at least I got one :P) saying that they were gonna be down for 8 hours on Monday for a service upgrade/update (can't remember which word they used, I think it was 'upgrade').

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Eddie on 04-21-2008 at 09:45 AM

Cool, wonder if it will bring anything to the user or whether its just backend updates *-) we will soon find out i guess, at what time does it end for you because the internet and my xbox say two different times :S

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Volv on 04-21-2008 at 09:51 AM

Well I checked the Australian website and it seems to be quoting the maintenance time in the Pacific Time timezone.
2:00 to 10:00 Pacific Time translates to 7pm to 3am AEST (Sydney time).

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Phillip on 04-21-2008 at 10:07 AM

Probably updating before the GTA4 release. There's gonna be a whole lot of people online on that day :P

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Volv on 04-21-2008 at 10:11 AM

lol possibly, I would hope they would be capable of dealing with that sort of load already though :p (without requiring an upgrade)

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Chris4 on 04-21-2008 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/04/17/xbox-live-scheduled-maintenance.aspx
This is for maintenance, there are no new features on that will appear on your Xbox 360 console or Xbox.com when the service comes back online.
Probably for GTA IV...

Can you imagine if Live didn't work at the release! LOL
RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Th3rmal on 04-21-2008 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/04/17/xbox-live-scheduled-maintenance.aspx
This is for maintenance, there are no new features on that will appear on your Xbox 360 console or Xbox.com when the service comes back online.
Probably for GTA IV...

Can you imagine if Live didn't work at the release! LOL
i think a few people might be "distressed" :lol:
RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Eddie on 04-21-2008 at 01:47 PM

Personally i would prefer them solving the lag issues in CoD4 when you play people outside of your country <_<

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Volv on 04-21-2008 at 01:51 PM

I don't think that's anything they can solve, the problem is from distance (and the time to send a signal over that distance) rather than from poor servers.
However, I heard they're constructing another inter-continental link from Australia to the US, not sure if it'll provide any reduced pings though.

RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Eddie on 04-21-2008 at 02:00 PM

I managed to play Call of Duty 2 and 1 online against americans no problem ;)

RE: RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Phillip on 04-21-2008 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Rego..?
RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Eddie on 04-21-2008 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Rego..?
sorry what? :S
RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by foaly on 04-21-2008 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
I don't think that's anything they can solve, the problem is from distance (and the time to send a signal over that distance) rather than from poor servers.
The signal goes with the speed off light. It are the slacking relay servers that cause the lag...
RE: Xbox Live Maintenance by Jimbo on 04-21-2008 at 05:33 PM

Its back on now apparently, but when i connect it says im connected and all that but when i try to join a match in CoD4 it says i need to be signed in to xbox live and disconects me..