Shoutbox

Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) (/showthread.php?tid=83331)

Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by None on 04-22-2008 at 08:54 AM

I have a portable version of windows live messenger and i would like to know how to integrate msgliveplus w/ it (if possible). Thx.

RE: WLM Lite by Spunky on 04-22-2008 at 10:07 PM

Try it and find out? ^o)

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-22-2008 at 10:39 PM

you would probally have to install messenger and plus then make the lite version with thinstall or something i know how to do it but u need a fresh install of windows and i don't have one atm

RE: WLM Lite by None on 04-23-2008 at 07:56 AM

To: Jarrod

I already have msnger and 'plus' installed on my PC. Both of them + my portable version of msnger are the latest releases.

I even tried to install 'plus' on my USB stick but to no avail.

What do you mean by a 'a fresh install of windows'???

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-23-2008 at 12:13 PM

I need a pc with out wlm or plus the I can do it, but I think your wasting your time trying to install plus on a usb for portable use you need thinstall or something

RE: WLM Lite by None on 04-23-2008 at 03:15 PM

noob qs: whats thinstall??

anyways there is actually a 'portable' version of 'plus' that i didnt dwl coz there was no comment on that post. so i cant know if its a virus or not. so i think maybe there must be a way to integrate plus with WLM Lite. or not.....

RE: WLM Lite by djdannyp on 04-23-2008 at 04:51 PM

As far as I'm aware there is no truly portable version of Plus in existence......anything claiming to be is most likely an illegally edited version or a virus

Why do you want a portable version of Plus?

RE: WLM Lite by None on 04-23-2008 at 08:58 PM

i've got a portable version of msnger 8.5 (WLM lite) and i thought adding 'plus' to it would be even more awesome.  I dont actually want a portable version of 'plus'. i want to integrate the real 'plus' w/ WLM Lite.i didnt dwl the supposedly portable version of 'plus'. but im still trying to put the real one in my WLM lite. can any1 try at least?! if it doesnt work just 2 bad....

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-23-2008 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by None
i've got a portable version of msnger 8.5 (WLM lite) and i thought adding 'plus' to it would be even more awesome.  I dont actually want a portable version of 'plus'. i want to integrate the real 'plus' w/ WLM Lite.i didnt dwl the supposedly portable version of 'plus'. but im still trying to put the real one in my WLM lite. can any1 try at least?! if it doesnt work just 2 bad....
i've tired, the best i could get was the plus menu saying software not loaded

RE: WLM Lite by None on 04-24-2008 at 07:59 AM

ok. thx for trying.

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-24-2008 at 08:17 AM

it's on my to do list ok
i'll sort one out when i find the right virtual hard drive:P

RE: WLM Lite by MeEtc on 04-24-2008 at 08:41 AM

I have a few VMs available, i shouldn't have any difficulty setting this up if needed, if someone's willing to point me in the right direction

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-24-2008 at 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
I have a few VMs available, i shouldn't have any difficulty setting this up if needed, if someone's willing to point me in the right direction
well you can download a builder from http://www.msglite.org/ this will allow you to build a custom wlm lite version, just gotta figure out how to include msg plus lives files and registary keys
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-24-2008 at 10:04 AM

that's the point of thinstall(http://www.thinstall.com)
if you want to try pm me and i'll pm you a link and instructions

RE: WLM Lite by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 10:09 AM

I was surprised no one made it the last time this thread subject came up. I mentioned thinstalling it etc. :P

but hey summer now/soon so more free time for us I guess to do this :P

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-24-2008 at 10:13 AM

first one to get me a copy gets a + rep:P

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-24-2008 at 11:34 AM

.I have an empty vm but it doesn't have internet so...can I succsessfully install plus into 8.5 lite? or can I install 8.5 with out a network connection ?

i'll do it but  i need more time, i'll help someone else if they want to do it... just pm me

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-25-2008 at 10:41 AM

i just tried and failed with thinstall:P it doesn't run anything:P

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-25-2008 at 10:43 AM

are you sure you did it right?
on a new windows install
copy thinstall onto the local hdd
then download the nesseccery files do a pre scan
install wlm and plus then do your post scan
then choose msnmsgr.exe as the only container
do wlm and plus at once so they count as one app:P

Note:also not it does need to be a fresh install or it will most likely Phail

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-25-2008 at 10:58 AM

yup, see if you can give it a try:P

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-25-2008 at 11:58 AM

i will but i probally need to find my xp disc to install an os but once i do. i'll do it
and post it in this thread(providing it works)

if someone answers this it will be much quicker

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
.I have an empty vm but it doesn't have internet so...can I succsessfully install plus into 8.5 lite? or can I install 8.5 with out a network connection ?

RE: WLM Lite by ipab on 04-25-2008 at 05:07 PM

you are able to install 8.5 without a network connection

here is a link for it http://depositfiles.com/files/3703688

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 02:16 AM

done. thinstalled. tested. works.
i have a couple of issues though
scripts and skins can't be installed because the whole exe would need to be rebuilt
i still have the thinstall capture if any of you thnk you can try inject some scripts into it.

so to sum up:
     what doesnt work:
               -scripts
               -skins
     what works:
                -everything else
i'll spend the net 2 hours uploading it for you then post a link:)

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 02:24 AM

quote:
done. thinstalled. tested. works.
i have a couple of issues though
scripts and skins can't be installed because the whole exe would need to be rebuilt
i still have the thinstall capture if any of you thnk you can try inject some scripts into it.

so to sum up:
     what doesnt work:
               -scripts
               -skins
     what works:
                -everything else
i'll spend the net 2 hours uploading it for you then post a link:)
cool
how about including the progect folder as well i'd like to try an tinker with it to get a few scripts/skins working

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 02:31 AM

ok i need to get it out of the vm then on to the net but it's on it's way
it's only 15 % uploded the exe

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 02:36 AM

alright, i'll keep an eye out

how big did it say the exe was going to be?

RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

54 meg i think it ended up

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 02:54 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

54 meg i think it ended up
ouch, thats rather large, did you turn compression on?
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 03:00 AM

where's the compression turning on thing?
it's no bigger than it would be on your hard drive '
msg live = 24 mb
plus! = 29 mb
also i noticed i have wlm and plus on all my computers so there is a chance it won't be completely portable because i already have reg entries and stuff
but fingers crossed
it's 49% uploaded

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 03:11 AM

quote:
where's the compression turning on thing?
if you open up the "package.ini" file you should see it as the first option just add the ; before the line to comment out the "none" and remove it to un-comment"fast"

but since your going to upload the package folder anyways i'll look at it after ;)

quote:
also i noticed i have wlm and plus on all my computers
did you have wlm and plus on your VM drive? if you didn't then it should work
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 03:17 AM

the vm was fresh but once i installed it to thinstall some settings may be missedf but we'll see

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 03:19 AM

quote:
the vm was fresh but once i installed it to thinstall some settings may be missedf but we'll see
well you should have done the thinstall scan, installed it and plus, and thing another thinstall scan, right?
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 03:22 AM

yeah
all i'm saying as i havent tested it on machines without plus so i can only hope it will work

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 03:24 AM

quote:
yeah
all i'm saying as i havent tested it on machines without plus so i can only hope it will work
well, i'll roll back my VM and test it later
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 04:06 AM

http://ajl.host-palace.net/wlm.exe

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 04:32 AM

quote:
http://ajl.host-palace.net/wlm.exe
i just tried it and it just says "software not loaded" for plus :\
RE: WLM Lite by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 06:42 AM

yeah i move it from the original computer and it happened as well when i tested it on my laptop.
i think we might need pachy's help

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-26-2008 at 07:07 AM

i think so too:P, somebody get him:P

RE: WLM Lite by aNILEator on 04-29-2008 at 01:39 PM

should add stuffplug too if it's 8.5

RE: WLM Lite by NiteMare on 04-29-2008 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
should add stuffplug too if it's 8.5
well we're focusing on getting plus installed first:P
RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by dan1570 on 05-15-2008 at 09:40 AM

Check out my thread in the general talk section. I no bumping old threads is bad but I thought the people who took part in this thread might find mine intresting to take a look at as it explains that I do have some sort of portable Plus! and also explains why thinstall does not work (for those that tried using it). http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=83707

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by Aardvark on 05-15-2008 at 10:08 AM

First you said it DOESN'T work with Thinstall - now it does? Perhaps you should change the thread title. And it's not an old thread - each time someone posts in it it jumps back up to the top of the list in whatever forum its in (subsequently to be pushed down again by the other threads that are jumping back up too)

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by dan1570 on 05-15-2008 at 02:08 PM

No if you read my post it states that it does not work with thinstall and I gave a link to my own thread which gives an explanation of why it does NOT work with thinstall for the benifit of others that are subscribed to this thread, so that if they have tried it and don't understand why it did not work they now know. It was also to make people aware of my thread as it is in a different section of the site and means that if sombody knows of the issue I spoke of where the registry values can't be inserted into HKLM on LUA and has an answer to it then they can reply.

quote:
thinstall does not work

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by Aardvark on 05-15-2008 at 02:43 PM

"Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM)"
The thread title is suggesting how to integrate MP!L with WLM Lite or a THINSTALL CREATED VERSION of Windows Live Messenger. However in the post above you've made (as well as in the other thread) you state it does NOT work with thinstall. So you're contradicting yourself here. :)

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by aNILEator on 05-15-2008 at 03:27 PM

Aardvark is correct, but being a bit picky, all he's saying is that your version isn't using the same technique to get the work done.

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by CookieRevised on 05-15-2008 at 05:36 PM

Erm, the thread title comes from the top post on which dan1570 replied, not from dan1570 itself...

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by Aardvark on 05-17-2008 at 07:50 AM

... I only just saw this thead has 5 pages now. Oops, sorry dan.

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by Jarrod on 05-20-2008 at 03:05 AM

i just saw this anyone think it might work
http://www.thinstall.com/products/sdk.php

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by aNILEator on 05-20-2008 at 06:37 PM

worth a go, report back your findings :)

RE: Integrating Plus! with WLM Lite (or a Thinstalled WLM) by diegoalsina on 04-24-2010 at 08:18 PM

and what happened with your work Jarrod? Did you get it?
someone who has managed to run plus with a portable version of live messenger?