Shoutbox

question about block - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: question about block (/showthread.php?tid=83346)

question about block by eatman on 04-22-2008 at 11:13 PM

If someone has me blocked, is it still possible for me to see them as Mobile instead of Offline without the aid of a program?

RE: question about block by Jarrod on 04-23-2008 at 12:32 AM

if you add a moibile number for a contact it will do just that
note: you need to buy text credits

RE: question about block by eatman on 04-23-2008 at 01:46 AM

what do you mean by add a mobile number? i think it was just adding the email like any other email

RE: question about block by Jarrod on 04-23-2008 at 01:56 AM

right click on the contact click edit contact and enter their mobile number then they will be seen as a mobile contact

RE: question about block by eatman on 04-23-2008 at 02:23 AM

ohh ive never done that
so it is possible for them to appear as mobile if i haven't done that before?

RE: question about block by Butcher_ss on 04-23-2008 at 03:35 AM

I have one contact who is like that eatman, i just added his email and next to his name i have (Mobile). I opened the contact's details and i didn't see anything for a mobile phone number.

RE: question about block by ahmetgns on 04-26-2008 at 07:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by eatman
If someone has me blocked, is it still possible for me to see them as Mobile instead of Offline without the aid of a program?
Yes, unless you see them Online once after they cancelled their mobile accounts, they will always appear as Mobile in your contact list when they are not Online.
quote:
Originally posted by eatman
ohh ive never done that
so it is possible for them to appear as mobile if i haven't done that before?
Yes, as far as I know, it is not related to setting a phone number in contacts' details. Mobile information is retrieved from the server I believe.

RE: question about block by Jarrod on 04-26-2008 at 08:46 AM

i can make any of my contacts appear mobile by adding a mobile number, also they can make themselves appear mobile by adding their own mobile

RE: question about block by nathan909 on 05-04-2008 at 06:36 PM

I also want to know about the program, which tells wheather any of your contact has blocked you on msn im or not.

second, is there any software available to know if some body is sitting in offline mode.

your help would be highly appreciable.

Thank you

RE: question about block by ahmetgns on 05-04-2008 at 06:47 PM

Both things you would like to have don't exist. See the sticky "BLOCK CHECKERS DON'T WORK" topic in this forum.