Shoutbox

Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) (/showthread.php?tid=83368)

Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 02:36 PM

Finished editing my animation and youtubed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xGAgVkkazM

It was a group project to create a 90second adaptation of a fairy tale, no vocals but sound effects and music was allowed.

We overshot 90seconds but what the hell

I did a lot of the work animating (you may be able to tell the characters/stuff/times that I didn't do it) and all the editing and sound blah blah blah. I made the wolf and forest. Shame the Town set wasn't sturdy in any way at all.

I think I did a brilliant job editing it, the sound really makes it sooo much better.

Hope you like it

Also I've noticed sound is really dodgy/fluctuating in all 'high quality' videos

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by MeEtc on 04-24-2008 at 02:50 PM

Very good job there Nile! the only critique i can provide is that there are quite a few parts of the scenery moving when they probably shouldn't have been, but otherwise a good job overall.

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
only critique i can provide is that there are quite a few parts of the scenery moving when they probably shouldn't have

Yup another reason group work isn't the best. Effort, time, care, quality isn't always shared. I was never particularly happy with our main character for example, *cough* or the guy responsible for it *cough*
RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by vaccination on 04-24-2008 at 03:11 PM

the snake at 1:10 is a nice touch :P

Another good animation Nile, well done =]

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 03:57 PM

I love the mole, and cat, snake is ok :P We have a fat robin too and a squished hedgehog, and originally the grannie had some rather naughty stuff in her room indeed! and candle's turned into those objects for single frames (gone now though :P)

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by vaccination on 04-24-2008 at 04:05 PM

haha. Yeah I thought the mole looked very realistic

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by Matti on 04-24-2008 at 05:07 PM

That's an awesome animation, Nile! Loving it! :D

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by NiteMare on 04-24-2008 at 07:46 PM

it was dark and disturbing:( i will not show that as a bed time story to my kids:P

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by prashker on 04-24-2008 at 10:29 PM

reminds me when I was a kid (y).

good job lolz :p

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 11:00 PM

nitemare, did you see my post on msgstuff?

most kids stuff is quite dark and disturbing lyrics of songs/ryhmes and fairy tales all pretty dark in nature originally. :)

so yeah best stick to drug trips and Yo Gabba Gabba, they're happy.

wish YGG was on British TV no one knows what i'm on about over here :(

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by Th3rmal on 04-24-2008 at 11:07 PM

very entertaining, but alittle more violent than the original story :P

RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
very entertaining, but alittle more violent than the original story :P
is it? wolf eats both in original story, pretty violent gruesome being eaten alive i think. slightly later adjustment (that buggers up the story and any morals) added a woodcutter to 'save the day' and cut out the characters from the wolf, so killing and gutting an animal.

what were you referring to exactly? :P
RE: Nile's New Animation: Red (Riding Hoody) by Th3rmal on 04-25-2008 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
what were you referring to exactly? :P
the stabbings :P