Shoutbox

Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron (/showthread.php?tid=83371)

Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by aNILEator on 04-24-2008 at 04:01 PM

Surprised a thread wasn't made.

New Ubuntu released 8.04 cd's aren't available to order yet, but you can pre-order them and if you pre-order request 1 of each build it seems to be automatically accepted it seems :)

Ships with Firefox 3 b5, thought they wouldn't ship beta products personally

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Dempsey on 04-24-2008 at 04:08 PM

I updated my ubuntu the other day, almost got my wireless working with it now!

I think it's good they've included firefox 3, it may be better but otherwise its another 6 months until they could update it and its so close to release it seems a waste.  I guess they'll release an update when it goes final.

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by andrewdodd13 on 04-24-2008 at 04:33 PM

Yeah.. there's a reason for 3 beta 5: They were planning on having Firefox 3 stable by release date... but it's not. :)

I would imagine that it'll probably be updated to 3 when it comes out. Hopefully. :)

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Oxy on 04-24-2008 at 05:28 PM

ordered my cd. :d

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by prashker on 04-24-2008 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
ordered my cd. :d
as usual, same here :)
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by RaceProUK on 04-26-2008 at 08:52 PM

I've already got Hardy on my laptop (apt-get distro-upgrade ftw), and currently installing under Vista using Wubi.

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by joey on 04-26-2008 at 09:16 PM

upgraded via synaptic :P

RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Chancer on 04-27-2008 at 03:09 AM

I burnt it and tried the Live CD. I see no reason to use it very often.
Also, the pt-br translation is buggy, I guess I should have downloaded some updates.

RE: RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Hank on 04-27-2008 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by icd*
glad someone has brains ..why  order cd's when you can jjust use synaptic or the apt-get command to get hardy
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by aNILEator on 04-27-2008 at 04:17 AM

because you get cd's with the latest build on as well as basic apps to get anyone started (not just yourself, the idea is you install on others pc's too), minimal updating required, packaging, stickers and sometimes more :)

RE: RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Hank on 04-27-2008 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
because you get cd's with the latest build on as well as basic apps to get anyone started (not just yourself, the idea is you install on others pc's too), minimal updating required, packaging, stickers and sometimes more :)
why not just download  a LiveCD an  use synaptic from there? if i can do it sure others can
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by aNILEator on 04-27-2008 at 04:30 AM

yup i do i download the dvd releases, but i like the official cd's and friends and family trust it more too 8-)

RE: RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Hank on 04-27-2008 at 05:08 AM

quote:
yup i do i download the dvd releases, but i like the official cd's and friends and family trust it more too 8-)
im sure Shawnz would laugh at that comment ..whats so different from downloading it an getting the " trusted " copy ? its still the same Ubuntu
RE: RE: RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by andrewdodd13 on 04-27-2008 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
im sure Shawnz would laugh at that comment ..whats so different from downloading it an getting the " trusted " copy ? its still the same Ubuntu
Any experience with working with parents, etc about computer repairs will show that Nile is right.

I'd say about 75% of PC users are newb and think like that.

I have the edgy install disk, and I'm currently using Hardy (Synaptic? pfft front end... apt-get dist-upgrade as whoever said ftw) . :D
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by aNILEator on 04-27-2008 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Any experience with working with parents, etc about computer repairs will show that Nile is right.

I'd say about 75% of PC users are newb and think like that.
Bingo

people are nub, and don't like home burnt discs sometimes. some goes for everything follow K.I.S.S, keep it simple stupid! same sorta stuff happens alot in graphics companies too sending eachother incompatible files or not including fonts or converting the text to lines/curves etc
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by joey on 04-27-2008 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
glad someone has brains ..why  order cd's when you can jjust use synaptic or the apt-get command to get hardy

caws im like the only person who doesnt use windows and only linux :D
RE: RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by segosa on 04-27-2008 at 02:11 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

Hope that Svip doesn't see that post.
RE: Oh yeah... New 'buntu released 8.04 Hardy heron by Svip on 04-27-2008 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:

Hope that Svip doesn't see that post.
Yeah, I am all on the *BSD train now.  Choo choo!