Shoutbox

Banner Text... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Banner Text... (/showthread.php?tid=83407)

Banner Text... by TRash19 on 04-26-2008 at 03:56 PM

Hi Every Skinners! :P

Can anybody help me, how can i change the original banner link (like in the conv. window,down on the left corner) i wanna use my site address and i wanna change it.
Anybody can help me, I kiss his/her hand :P Thx!

RE: Banner Text... by Chris4 on 04-26-2008 at 04:09 PM

If you mean replace the advertisement link in the conversation window, I think it would be a better idea to just have a link in the skin options, rather then annoying users with a link at the bottom of every conversation window?

RE: Banner Text... by TRash19 on 04-26-2008 at 04:15 PM

I wanna use MY site address :P and not the original, when anybody click to the link, the webbrowser is showing my page...i dont wanna use the skin options : ) I hope u understand me. : )

RE: Banner Text... by blessedguy on 04-26-2008 at 04:42 PM

I don't think its allowed...
against Database rules, you know...
we "can't" hide ads...neither change them...
[not forced...or visible option anyways...]

RE: Banner Text... by TRash19 on 04-26-2008 at 05:00 PM

Yes, I know. Sry. Thanks.

RE: Banner Text... by blessedguy on 04-26-2008 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TRash19
Yes, I know. Sry. Thanks.
wait!
you CAN do it!
look for a skin wich blocks the ads...look for the "ad blocking" code, are ponly 3, and instead of changing visibility to none, put and url element and change accdesc and accname.
but don't do it forced or visibly...put a .reg or .bat there =)
RE: Banner Text... by TRash19 on 04-26-2008 at 10:00 PM

WooooW xD Thanks tha idea, i will try it! : )

RE: Banner Text... by Matti on 04-27-2008 at 08:41 AM

There's no way to change the URL it's poiting to. The AccName and AccDesc are numbers which point to a programmed action in Messenger itself. Those actions determine what site should be opened, you can't change the URL as Messenger simply won't look for an URL in the UIFILEs!

Maybe it's possible by HEX editing the msgsres.dll or msnmsgr.exe in some way, but then still, you can't change that through Plus! skinning.

RE: Banner Text... by Volv on 04-27-2008 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
There's no way to change the URL it's poiting to. The AccName and AccDesc are numbers which point to a programmed action in Messenger itself. Those actions determine what site should be opened, you can't change the URL as Messenger simply won't look for an URL in the UIFILEs!
It's not possible to change the URL, but you can remove the advertisement altogether and insert your own one (which is what blessedguy is suggesting).
RE: Banner Text... by aNILEator on 04-27-2008 at 11:51 AM

But can we get that new element to then link to a site/xml or whatever?

I always thought an RSS would rock there.

RE: Banner Text... by blessedguy on 04-27-2008 at 01:57 PM

I know that we can link to websites...and give them a fixed title...
but you can link it to a RSS feed...although the message just won't be updated at al

and...yep!
I was talking about removing it competely and insertin another one in the place...
I think I just forgot to explain it!
;)  Thanks or the "help" volv