Shoutbox

[Release] Wii Messenger 1.11 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.11 (/showthread.php?tid=83428)

[Release] Wii Messenger 1.11 by Nagamasa on 04-27-2008 at 10:50 PM

Wii Messenger 1.11
Just a minor update to the skin. The default display picture has been modified to a Wii logo.

[Image: wiimessenger111nj7.png]

Wii Messenger 1.10

While everyone is making fresh new skins in the contest, I'm going to kick this off with Wii Messenger 1.10. Yeah I know I probably won't win anything with this :(

Changes that have been included (list will change):
  • Most Open Live features are ported into a revamped options panel (aka Wave 2).
  • MinMaxClose all have hover states.
  • Updated for the automatic updates.
  • Fixed taskbar buddies.

Screenshot is identical to 1.02, but just with version numbers changed, as nothing is changed in it's default state.

Wii Messenger 1.02
Is out now.

Changes that have been included (list will change):
  • Tiny Display Picture feature (ripped from Open Live)
  • Gleams are now better organized than they are in Open Live :P
  • Contact's status is displayed between display name and personal message.
  • And the appropriate options added for these new features
[Image: wiimessenger102bv2.jpg]

Wii Messenger 1.01
Just submitted to the database. Hope MenthiX catches it. :P

Changes include:
  • some additional buddies added, taskbar buddies slightly improved
  • Contact List window menubar is up to "Open Live standards".
  • Scrollbars are default gray, rather than the default blue.
[Image: wiimessenger101eq4.jpg]

Wii Messenger 1.00
Remember a while back when I posted a preview of this half-finished skin? Well...the "other-half of it" is going to be in the shelf for a little bit...

But the finished half has come to shine as Wii Messenger!

[Image: wiimessenger100mz7.jpg]

Key features:
  • Options to remove search bar, the Sharing Folder, Windows Live Spaces, Windows Live Today, and the Mobile Messaging buttons from the Main Window.
  • The cool-looking buddies are back! (h)
  • Colorize! Just what you wanted.
  • and uh, that's about it for now :P

DOWNLOAD (1.11)
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Justin on 04-27-2008 at 11:07 PM

Wow, looks great, perfectly matches the Wii :P

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Chris4 on 04-27-2008 at 11:17 PM

Looks decent, good job. (Y):)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by aNILEator on 04-27-2008 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
Wow, looks great, perfectly matches the Wii (Smilie)
since when did Wii have anything to do with windows Vista application and folder icons? :P

Good job needs more work, id expect clean new graphics for the buttons and buddies to be like wiimee's or whatever they've called them or the grey 'i' turned more human (like their initial adverts used to be)
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Voldemort on 04-27-2008 at 11:26 PM

should be Wii Message

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Patchou on 04-27-2008 at 11:39 PM

nice :). Would be pretty cool if the contact list was shaped like a Wii mote (with the plastic thing on it)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by tony on 04-27-2008 at 11:46 PM

By reading the tittle i thought you had released a homebrew aplication for wii :p

Nice skin though ;)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Aardvark on 04-28-2008 at 02:20 AM

Wii(L) That's a brilliant idea it should be shaped like a remote! For me the contact list looks a bit more grey/whatever like than white like. Shouldn't the default be more whitish like the Wii really is? I dunno that's just me. The minimize/maximize/close buttons should probably have some rollover and pressed effects, but yeah otherwise really nice skin!

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by TheSteve on 04-28-2008 at 02:35 AM

You should make a partner script that allows you to control the interface with the Wii remote (via bluetooth)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by aNILEator on 04-28-2008 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
You should make a partner script that allows you to control the interface with the Wii remote (via bluetooth)
you're just showing off and anyway can do that already with windows gamepad setups i do it with my psp
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Eddie on 04-28-2008 at 09:00 AM

i like it, very simplistic, and looks smooth and really nice good job, only thing judged from the screenshot is that you cannot see the area that you type in, but that's not such a big deal, good skin though! :)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by blessedguy on 04-28-2008 at 08:19 PM

Yet I love Wii...i think it's TOO WHITE (talking about Wii, not the skin!). So is your skin! =)
well...I can say you got the spirit of Wii at your skin, although need some graphics job there!
(you know...I'm not the one who likes simple things...)

Keep going on!
I can't wait till your next release =D

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by absorbation on 04-28-2008 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
nice :). Would be pretty cool if the contact list was shaped like a Wii mote (with the plastic thing on it)

The Wii condom?

Nice skin, you must pester me to post about this :P
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Nagamasa on 04-28-2008 at 10:03 PM

:D Thanks everyone for your positive replies. I just didn't want to make a thank you post after everyone's reply.

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Good job needs more work, id expect clean new graphics for the buttons and buddies to be like wiimee's or whatever they've called them or the grey 'i' turned more human (like their initial adverts used to be)
Yes I agree for some of the Vista stuff to be Wii-ed a bit. But the buddies are staying, seeing that many people like it (and I do too).
quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
The minimize/maximize/close buttons should probably have some rollover and pressed effects,
Yeah I'll work on that. Seeing that I'm like the worst photoshopper ever, I doubt it would look better...
quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
For me the contact list looks a bit more grey/whatever like than white like.
Default gradient on the Wii website :P
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
Kind of hard seeing that: 1) I can't script; 2) I don't have a Wii, and ; 3) I don't have bluetooth on my computer. :P
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
you cannot see the area that you type in
I'm sure 10 out of 10 times you won't miss it :P (And it adds to the minimalism)
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
TOO WHITE (talking about Wii, not the skin!). So is your skin! =)
hmm...irony?

And I'll see if I feel like making it like a Wii-Mote. Pretty challenging too, seeing that I'll need to find some good shot and to get the stretch to not look ugly.
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Spunky on 04-28-2008 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
And I'll see if I feel like making it like a Wii-Mote. Pretty challenging too, seeing that I'll need to find some good shot and to get the stretch to not look ugly

Make a vector image in Flash to allow resizing big enough so it doesn't look crappy, but when people resize the image, they can stretch it anyway they want anyway, even sideways :s
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by blessedguy on 04-28-2008 at 11:47 PM

quote:
hmm...irony?
And I'll see if I feel like making it like a Wii-Mote. Pretty challenging too, seeing that I'll need to find some good shot and to get the stretch to not look ugly.
No...not irony...but indecision...
The same day I can like white, than hate white, than thyink white is normal...or not...just my deviants.

Oh! A wiimote design would be a dream! (i'd even forget it's too white! ;))
Why don't you make shaped windows, in the shape of a wiimote? just need to get a good quality wiimote pic on google and do a mask with it.
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Nagamasa on 04-28-2008 at 11:57 PM

I could...but wouldn't the window be a bit thin?

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by blessedguy on 04-29-2008 at 12:01 AM

quote:
don't use fixed proportions of course...or we wouldn't even be able to see our buddys
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Matti on 04-29-2008 at 07:30 PM

Great looking skin! :D It would be even cooler if you go further and try to shape Messenger more like a WiiMote or change the button backgrounds to the big shiny buttons in the Wii menus etc. Try to add something special to your skin, I think it'll make it much better! :)

The irony is that about a week ago, I photoshopped a similar concept for a "Wiissenger" skin. :P I haven't started yet, and I don't think I will now you released this skin, which looks lots better than my mockup. I don't think it's good for me that I try to compete with you for my first WLM skin. ;)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Th3rmal on 04-30-2008 at 08:16 AM

quote:
quote:
don't use fixed proportions of course...or we wouldn't even be able to see our buddys
but then it'll look all out of shape and ugly...

I reckon this skin is good as it is. well done..
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Eddie on 04-30-2008 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
quote:
but then it'll look all out of shape and ugly...

I reckon this skin is good as it is. well done..
agreed, do not change it as it is, it is simple and well liked, not everyone likes bulky and completely changed layouts ;)
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Nagamasa on 05-02-2008 at 03:11 AM

I am thinking of the pros and cons of making a Wii-mote. Doubt it'll happen cause I am Asian-failing school :(.

Might instead spice up Smile a Mile to something more reasonable to use...which would probably contain some code-jacking from Open-Live :refuck:.

...Or work on a skin that you probably might guess that I eventually will make...

Oh and on a sidenote, it's interesting how Wii Messneger is probably the first skin that is on the "Newest Skin" thing but doing worse-download-count-wise than the rest of the batch.

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by blessedguy on 05-02-2008 at 05:06 PM

yep... like all top rated from these days!

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by Nagamasa on 05-10-2008 at 10:13 PM

Development is back alive again. :)

All 3 of my skins will receive a total of 3 Wave updates. Each wave, they will include a set of Open Live features, as I port them into my skins. Wave 1 for Wii Messenger is almost done, and tentatively include the following:

Wave 2 and 3 will include more Open Live settings. Wave 1 for Life of Vista will feature 2 new backgrounds and less borders. Wave 1 for Smile a Mile will be something much more useable than the current ugly yellow. :P
RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.00 by blessedguy on 05-10-2008 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Development is back alive again. :)

All 3 of my skins will receive a total of 3 Wave updates. Each wave, they will include a set of Open Live features, as I port them into my skins. Wave 1 for Wii Messenger is almost done, and tentatively include the following:

Wave 2 and 3 will include more Open Live settings. Wave 1 for Life of Vista will feature 2 new backgrounds and less borders. Wave 1 for Smile a Mile will be something much more useable than the current ugly yellow. :P
That yellow is nice... don't bother chnaging it :P
RE: [Update] Wii Messenger 1.02 by Nagamasa on 06-25-2008 at 10:10 PM

lol Well yeah the Wave update thing is just too intense for it to work for me :P There will be more in-between updates...as some stuff in Life of Vista is taking too long (:()

And yeah so Wii Messenger 1.02 is out, which is a Wave 1.1 Skin :P

RE: [Update] Wii Messenger 1.02 by aNILEator on 06-25-2008 at 10:55 PM

How I envy skins without the need for padding :P nice update though naga

RE: [Update] Wii Messenger 1.02 by Nagamasa on 06-25-2008 at 11:04 PM

Yeah I tasted the evilness of padded skins :P

The Future Shop skin that is "in progress" has a border to it...and its really p1ssing me off :S (which is why I havent done anything to it for a while.)

RE: [Release] Wii Messenger 1.10 by Nagamasa on 08-14-2008 at 05:07 PM

Wii Messenger 1.10 now released.