Shoutbox

Add clock to WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Add clock to WLM (/showthread.php?tid=83449)

Add clock to WLM by TRash19 on 04-29-2008 at 05:53 PM

Hello! :)

Somebody know, how can i add a clock to wlm? I was create a clock in .jar format, and i wanna use in wlm, how anybody can see the time in convwind or contwind :)

Thx Help!!

RE: Add clock to WLM by aNILEator on 04-29-2008 at 08:26 PM

Don't think it's possibly, Stuffplug uses built in stuff in messenger to draw it on there.

RE: Add clock to WLM by TRash19 on 04-30-2008 at 12:15 PM

Ok! I understand. : )

RE: Add clock to WLM by vikke on 04-30-2008 at 03:40 PM

It's not possible with skinning, but it is with scripting (using dirty methods). And if you're familiar with C and ASM, you could use internal Messenger functions to draw it, but that's not Java.

RE: Add clock to WLM by Matt-in on 04-30-2008 at 04:27 PM

I Believe It is not possible with SKinning Though You Can get Stuff Plug 3 If you are using 8.5 and It will add Adjustable Timezone Clocks under your display picture and the person who you are talking to Which is pretty cool if one of your friend is in another timezone :) So You can just edit it and see what time it is while he or she is messaging you :)

RE: Add clock to WLM by TheSteve on 05-04-2008 at 08:37 AM

Something like either the digital or analog clock?
Both are features of Stuffplug 3 as previously mentioned.
[Image: clocksat6.png]

RE: Add clock to WLM by CookieRevised on 05-04-2008 at 04:07 PM

PS: you could always request to add this feature to Microsoft:
in Windows Live Messenger: main menu > Help > Feedback

The more people do this, the more chance there is something like this will be included (inside note: such a feature has been talked about on the MVP summit).

;)

RE: Add clock to WLM by aNILEator on 05-05-2008 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The more people do this, the more chance there is something like this will be included

Just like in Microsoft connect huh...... *rolleyes* :( I wish it worked that way cookie, but it just hasn't yet with Microsoft
RE: Add clock to WLM by CookieRevised on 05-05-2008 at 11:19 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The more people do this, the more chance there is something like this will be included

Just like in Microsoft connect huh...... *rolleyes* :( I wish it worked that way cookie, but it just hasn't yet with Microsoft
It does work that way, believe me.... That's the sole reason why things like 'feedback' and 'connect' exist. ;)

If you always think that providing feedback is useless then of course nothing will be brought to MS' attention... It's a vicious circle; you don't provide feedback, you're left with your suggestion and getting frustrated that "MS doesn't listen", so you don't provide feedback anyways, etc...

But of course they are not going to drop everything and start developping that one feature you suggested, you, one random person out of the millions of users.

And something else what people often forget is that when they suggest stuff, the suggestion is for the next big version (if the suggestion is good and many people want it of course), thus for the next wave. For example, big suggestions you do now, will even not appear in WLM9 (2009). This is how programs are made at MS. R&D and Testing stuff takes a very long time (way longer than most people think; and yes, they do test stuff themselfs too :P).

[/OFF TOPIC]
RE: Add clock to WLM by aNILEator on 05-06-2008 at 01:00 AM

I was referring to the countless requests, ratings and validations for feature improvements and new stuff like tabbed chats for years and years and fixes like actually being invited into group chats rather than forcefully inserted etc not to mention reported bugs confirmed by many users then marked as fixed, but we then find that they are not and everything else. In my opinion, since becoming an official tester for the windows live products, the beta system has been managed terribly in comparison to other companies and beta systems that I have been a part of. There's more on this actually on connect and is one of the current highest rated suggestions on there for Windows Live 9.0 connect.

anyway yes lets not turn this into a split thread on our opinions of the development systems ran by Microsoft.