Shoutbox

The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) (/showthread.php?tid=83466)

The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by Joe on 04-30-2008 at 09:15 PM

In my class, Intro to Single-Camera Production, my group had to do a final project that was an 8-10 minute video.

It had to include these aspects

*Reference to an Armadillo
*The Paperboy, Bobby Johnson
*A roll of toilet paper
*The line, "Well, that's different."

After 2 weekends of shooting and about 20 hours of editing.. on my own, this is what we came up with

The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July

The title is pointless by the way.

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by MeEtc on 04-30-2008 at 09:28 PM

Well, I don't quite understand the storyline, but filming looks pretty decent

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by prashker on 04-30-2008 at 09:29 PM

YO DOGG I CAPPED YOU LIKE 7 TIMES!

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by aNILEator on 05-01-2008 at 01:01 AM

How long did you have for the project, the storyline maybe needed a bit more planning/threading together, and everything you needed to mention was shown in the first about 2 minutes.

I did like the toilet roll instead of newspaper in his sack gag, but the "well that's different" sounded REALLY out of place (badly edited)

Still let us know how you did and hope you had fun

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by Joe on 05-01-2008 at 02:00 AM

We filmed over the weekend. I started editing Monday.. and it got turned in at 2:00PM today.

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by aNILEator on 05-01-2008 at 09:30 AM

No I mean when was the project started, eg your brief being given to you. So in total you had like 2 months to plan, script, storyboard, film, compose, edit and finalise?

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by Joe on 05-01-2008 at 01:02 PM

3 weeks.
And add in learning Final Cut Pro on my own also...

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by aNILEator on 05-01-2008 at 01:33 PM

3 weeks for a final project?!!! that's terrible time frame

RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by Joe on 05-01-2008 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
3 weeks for a final project?!!! that's terrible time frame
We were aware of it all semester, but in terms of getting equipment and knowing whose group everyone was in.. 3 weeks.

Also, I had other plans for the toilet paper and the line "well that's different"... but my group was being unruly.
RE: The Bountiful Harvest of Mid-July (Video) by Baggins on 05-03-2008 at 11:13 AM

I like it, although I'd have to agree with Nile. The "Well, that's different" sounds wrong.