Shoutbox

[Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 (/showthread.php?tid=83513)

[Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by coolzee on 05-03-2008 at 03:50 PM

yea..i pause on the social skin..because it was zz... :P

i was shock no one made a mac skin themes...so i decide to make a mac skin that look almost the same as messenger for mac 7.0.

[newer one]Preview:

[Image: macpreviewks4.th.png]

Comments. (Y)

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by King Of Chaos on 05-03-2008 at 03:52 PM

That's hawt. (Y)

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by aNILEator on 05-03-2008 at 05:17 PM

Oh ok then.

* aNILEator stops development on Messenger: Mac

(I'll keep resources just in case ;))

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by blessedguy on 05-03-2008 at 05:46 PM

haven't mynetx already made a mac theme?

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by aNILEator on 05-03-2008 at 07:07 PM

yes a mac theme not a mac messenger, it's different

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Chris4 on 05-03-2008 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Oh ok then.

Pfft.. you don't need to stop it. There can be two. :P
RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Eddie on 05-03-2008 at 07:55 PM

Looks alright thus far, good job :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Oh ok then.

Pfft.. you don't need to stop it. There can be two. :P
Agreed, look how many Vista skins there are <_<
RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Nagamasa on 05-03-2008 at 09:11 PM

Looks nice!

Did the MD theme made you Zzzz too? :P

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by duck! on 05-03-2008 at 09:27 PM

Looks like something I would use :cheesy:

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Fizical on 05-04-2008 at 12:22 AM

i might be bringing back the old mac messenger replica we used to make from the old days of theunknown and i. so then we'll have 3 mac skins~ yay~  but as yours looks different from the actual mac program (which i use as an apple boy) then i guess we will have different skins. this is good though because then people have like a medium difference to go for.  keep up the good work ^^

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 01:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
i might be bringing back the old mac messenger replica we used to make from the old days of theunknown and i. so then we'll have 3 mac skins~ yay~  but as yours looks different from the actual mac program (which i use as an apple boy) then i guess we will have different skins. this is good though because then people have like a medium difference to go for.  keep up the good work ^^
why don't you send us some screenies of the actual messenger: mac ? i'd love to know how it is, and skin exactly like that if possible
RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Fizical on 05-04-2008 at 01:35 AM

it is definitely possible to skin exactly like it, as theunknown and i had done so with the previous version 6.  it looks mostly like the older version with minimal graphics enhancements.  so not much to really show in screens for you.  I'm working in PS at the moment on variants based on themes made for the mac system that were popular (think milk, eternal etc.) and if i do jump into skinning which is looking likely, i'll release all these varients with the original style.  this was a project i had worked on some 2 years ago but thanks to the repeated 8.0 beta releases theuknown and i never got it out.

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by coolzee on 05-04-2008 at 02:47 AM

umm..since your making a messenger for mac 7 clone...ive sadly decide to quit skinning at the moment...and semester 2 is coming..so ill be busy.

So ive decide to to make a coolzee basic plus! skin template pack - is basically everything i learn in skinning and make it easy for noobs to skin wlm..as long they credit me..lol

I KNOW willz is making one..why wait..when you can get mines faster..i least im trying to get it done faster..lol It wont teach how to make a pro skin..but at least u can get a basic completed skin..so noobs dont have to ask questions about the basic things.

edit:

skin template contents:

all the images u need to make a basic completed skin
notes (intstructions..whats what and how u change things) before entering all images and coding

RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Fizical on 05-04-2008 at 02:50 AM

hey don't quit it, i want to see how yours comes out and besides anything could happen, mine may never make it to the streets so to speak.

RE: RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by coolzee on 05-04-2008 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fizical
hey don't quit it, i want to see how yours comes out and besides anything could happen, mine may never make it to the streets so to speak.

edit: thanks for chatting with me online..im going back into skinning with the mac skin that im making now....

(Y)
RE: RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by Willz on 05-04-2008 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coolzee

I KNOW willz is making one..why wait..when you can get mines faster..i least im trying to get it done faster..lol It wont teach how to make a pro skin..but at least u can get a basic completed skin..so noobs dont have to ask questions about the basic things.

edit:

skin template contents:

all the images u need to make a basic completed skin
notes (intstructions..whats what and how u change things) before entering all images and coding

Hey coolzee :P

My Open Live skin is done, I'm just running some final tests and preparing a bit of documentation, so people won't have to wait much longer ;)

But hey the more the merrier when it comes to tutorials and resources.
RE: [Preview] Mac Live Messenger for WLM 8.5 by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
My Open Live skin is done, I'm just running some final tests and preparing a bit of documentation, so people won't have to wait much longer ;).
Done?

"Halleluiah!" - finally... i'll send it to my friedns, so that they stop asking me for everysort of skin... hope it goes public soon

Back to topic...

Yeah, coolzee, you shouldn't quit. You know people like your skins, and Mac Live sure won't be a messenger: mac replica (at least not by what I've seen with the screenshot). Release it soon!! =D
Also... busy in the 2nd semester? why? well... opposite hemispher... opposite situation