Shoutbox

Skin - Seperate Accounts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Skin - Seperate Accounts (/showthread.php?tid=83530)

Skin - Seperate Accounts by cookiie1234 on 05-04-2008 at 05:08 PM

I have just downloaded a sweeney todd skin, and it works, however i share a computer with my mother and she will not like this skin. Therefore is there anyway i could remove the skin from her MSN account but leave it on mine? Because At the moment the skin is applied to both. Please help.
Much appreciated.

Jordan

RE: Skin - Seperate Accounts by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 05:21 PM

The skin is applied to Messenger, not to an account. Well... you can change the skin to "Messenger's Default" before leaveng, then she won't see it. Or you could use a skin that she would like to have, then both could use the same.

But... sorry, there's no way to apply the skin only to one account.

RE: Skin - Seperate Accounts by vikke on 05-04-2008 at 05:35 PM

The skin is applied when Messenger starts because that's when all resources gets loaded, so Messenger Plus! cannot know what account you're going to sign in into. That's why it's a global setting, and applies to all accounts.

RE: Skin - Seperate Accounts by Eljay on 05-04-2008 at 09:13 PM

Messenger Plus! Live adds a command line parameter to Messenger which allows you to launch with a particular skin, so you can create two seperate shortcuts, one with the skin and one without.

The locations the shortcuts need to point to are as follows:
(these need to be changed where appropriate if Messenger is installed in a different location)

code:
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin="Sweeney Todd"
"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /PlusSkin=""
Now you just need a way to make sure your mother only launches the bottom one ;)
RE: Skin - Seperate Accounts by blessedguy on 05-04-2008 at 09:19 PM

Simple...
Put that shortcut on the desktop, while you hide your "customized" messenger inside a folder only you know...