Shoutbox

Command problem....and its annoying me lol - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Command problem....and its annoying me lol (/showthread.php?tid=83543)

Command problem....and its annoying me lol by glowingfeline on 05-05-2008 at 05:38 AM

Okay everytime someone writes "Ping? [msnplus]" orrr Ping? [request]"

it shows my name replying to "pong! [reps" something like that. Its really annoying. Is there anyway I make it stop without deleting Messenger Plus?:(

RE: Command problem....and its annoying me lol by CookieRevised on 05-05-2008 at 06:29 AM

Official Website > Help > Registry Settings

quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com\Preferences

Name: PingReply
Type: REG_DWORD
Default value: 1
Description: Boolean value. If false (0), Messenger Plus! will not send a reply to Ping? requests sent by the /ping command.

In other words:

1) Open your registry editor (Start > Run > regedit)

2) Navigate to the Plus! settings for the current user:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\your@email.com\Preferences

3) Add a new REG_DWORD value with the name PingReply and with the value 0.
RE: Command problem....and its annoying me lol by Chris4 on 05-05-2008 at 06:33 AM

Explanation:

If you type /ping to your contact and they respond with Pong, it means they have Messenger Plus!. If they don't, they either have it turned off or most likely don't have Plus!.

How to stop responding to Ping? requests:

1 - Download Messenger Plus! Tweak Live

2 - Open the file, which will bring up a box. Tick agree, then Import the script.

3 - [Image: 64473829cs9.th.png]

4 - [Image: 60563906qz4.th.png]

Alternatively you can edit the registry manually. If you haven't edited the registry before, be very careful. The above method is a lot easier.