Shoutbox

Unknown contacts want to start webcam sessions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Unknown contacts want to start webcam sessions (/showthread.php?tid=83558)

Unknown contacts want to start webcam sessions by Butcher_ss on 05-06-2008 at 02:33 AM

I got two messages from "unknown" contacts with the following messages:

Letha (cuzedanykeg30@hotmail.com) send me this: "Hey. check it out! 22/Female/ I'm in your area! cum chat with me on my webcam.. just click, copy and paste or type www.webcamsite4free.com into your browser hun. i'm waiting =)"

Juliette (cynitybyked51@hotmail.com) send me this: "heya. lets chat but not here ok? I have a webcam setup in my room... just goto this website and signup i'll be waiting for you .. it's www.chatwebcamfree.com"

Both were blocked, anyone else had this in the past?

RE: Unknown contacts want to start webcam sessions by CookieRevised on 05-06-2008 at 06:53 AM

Report it to Microsoft as abuse: Contactlist menu > Help > Report abuse

Although if you really have blocked those specific addresses (and not something similar like the same address but with two letters switched or another number at the end) you should not recieve messages from them. Check if you don't have any trojan on your system which could bypass such stuff.

If you didn't already, I also suggest you enable the option "Only accepted contacts on my allow list can see my status and send messages" in Tools > Options > Privacy

RE: Unknown contacts want to start webcam sessions by MeEtc on 05-06-2008 at 06:57 AM

Yeah, I have been getting some of these types of messages recently as well. Thanks for the tip about reporting, Cookie