Shoutbox

Sending invisible text? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Sending invisible text? (/showthread.php?tid=83578)

Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-07-2008 at 11:03 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to add a text string to a message, which cannot be seen (both by people with Plus! and without), without making the message itself invisible?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Sending invisible text? by matty on 05-07-2008 at 12:10 PM

No.

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-07-2008 at 02:44 PM

Well, that's clear..

RE: Sending invisible text? by matty on 05-07-2008 at 03:30 PM

How could you append text to a message that isn't seen by someone without Plus!? It is impossible.

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-07-2008 at 04:08 PM

Okay..
And.. How to with Plus!?

RE: Sending invisible text? by CookieRevised on 05-07-2008 at 07:02 PM

No.

There isn't something like 'invisible' text. That can't be made. Text consists of characters and to show a character you need a font. If you don't want to show anything, you don't have text...

The 'closest' you can get is adding white text in the hope that your contact is using a white background and doesn't highlight the conversation window. In other words: the chance that he sees the text is still extremely high...

btw, what's the point in adding 'invisible' text if the purpose is that your contact can't see it?

-------

Unless you're talking about how two Plus! scripts can interact with eachother without the data traffic being visible in the conversation window.

But that is far from 'how to make text invisible', it's something entirly different and there are some different methods for that ranging from P2P traffic (completely 'invisible' to a conversation) to sending command strings (which would still be visible in some way).

RE: Sending invisible text? by matty on 05-08-2008 at 01:05 AM

Thanks Cook!

I was too lazy to type that out lol :P

RE: Sending invisible text? by riahc4 on 05-08-2008 at 07:41 AM

Its a long shot but a script could send a text encrypted....

RE: RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No.
Unless you're talking about how two Plus! scripts can interact with eachother without the data traffic being visible in the conversation window.

And how to do that?
RE: Sending invisible text? by CookieRevised on 05-08-2008 at 10:27 AM

Like I said, either by contacting the computer of your contact directly like in a P2P (point to point) connection, but that is very hard to do.

Or either by simply sending your own commands to your contact. Such scripts recieve the commands via the conversation, so it would still be visible though... But the visible 'text' could be whatever you want, for example encrypted like riahc said, so that the humans can't read or interpret it...

In whatever case, both you and the contact need to have a script. And since both need to have a script, why would you still send 'invisible' stuff. I mean, your contact must install the script, so he knows what the script does and why he has installed it anyways. You might as well just send 'visible' text/commands in that case since there is nothing to 'hide' or 'secret' about it anymore.

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 10:32 AM

I have learnt that Messenger Discovery Live uses the message header to send and receive Discovery's data (whether a contact has it or not).. Is this header accessible in scripting?

RE: Sending invisible text? by CookieRevised on 05-08-2008 at 10:35 AM

No, MD (mis)uses the protocol directly, it sends its own protocol messages and thus works at a much deeper level (the deepest). This is how sniffers work (though they only 'read' the incomming data, they can't 'send' it).

Even Plus! doesn't send protocol messages as that is tampering with the protocol and the chance to screw things up and the chance that things wont work is extremely high.

Sending a protocol message and sending some text via a conversation are two totally different things.

Compare it with this forum: the text I type here is send to the servers via the forum's edit box (=conversation window text). The actual data which goes to the servers via my internet connection is something much deeper (=sending protocol message).

And consider that even sniffers made in Plus! scripting don't always work (which simply output what is being recieved), you can imagine that it is way harder to even make something in scripting which can actually send proper and valid data directly via Messenger's connection.

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 10:38 AM

Hmm.. And there's really no other way for scripts to interact with each other?

RE: Sending invisible text? by CookieRevised on 05-08-2008 at 10:44 AM

No. Use the normal way: send a command via a conversation.

Quite frankly, for most everyday scripters, this is already more than hard enough to make it properly, fail proof and to let it work without any (possible) bugs in all situations.

EDIT: thank you!

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 10:46 AM

Okay..

Well, thanks anyway for your help.. Rep +1..

RE: Sending invisible text? by foaly on 05-08-2008 at 12:05 PM

but what you could do to make it nicer is edit the received text, since both you and the contact have the script you can make the incoming text whatever you want it to be.
As long as it isn't longer (string size) then the original message...

RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 12:10 PM

I have tried something lie this (without success though :S ) :

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message) {
Message += "DC_";
return Message;
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndReeiveMessage(ChatWnd,Message,Origin) {
Number = Message.search("DC_");
Message = Message.replace(Message.substr(Number),"");
return Message;
}

Didn't work though :S
RE: Sending invisible text? by roflmao456 on 05-08-2008 at 12:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
I have tried something lie this (without success though :S ) :

Didn't work though :S
try this
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message) {
Message += "DC_";
return Message;
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message) {
Number = Message.search("DC_");
Message = Message.replace("DC_","");
return Message;
}

on your original code, you're telling it to replace the index of the text with nothing :P (and "ChatWndReceiveMessage)
your variables/parameter on that same function are switched ("ChatWnd,Message,Origin")
RE: Sending invisible text? by SmokingCookie on 05-08-2008 at 12:46 PM

No, I'm tired of this |-) .. Maybe in a later stage..