Shoutbox

assistance, just personal opinion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: assistance, just personal opinion (/showthread.php?tid=83592)

assistance, just personal opinion by matt on 05-07-2008 at 11:56 PM

hey guys,

i'm in the middle of a problem right now.  i hate to say this here, but I HATE to not have enough money for all the stuff you want to get :P i think it's a common problem.  ¬¬

ok, i have a laptop that i don't use, but that could be useful for work, just work nothing else, would you pay.... what, 100 USD? 200....?

it is a compaq, 40 GBS, 250MBS RAM, CD RW, basically.....
and have another one that is better,
compaq, 110GBS, 1GBS RAM, CD RW, 125MBs video card, VISTA.  how much for this one?

tell me what do you think.

RE: assistance, just personal opinion by Voldemort on 05-07-2008 at 11:58 PM

google up the models somewhere like mercadolibre or ebay to see how much they are selling for?

RE: RE: assistance, just personal opinion by matt on 05-08-2008 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
google up the models somewhere like mercadolibre or ebay to see how much they are selling for?

yeah, but i found in mercadolibre that they were selling the first one that i mentioned PRESARIO 2000 more expensive than the other one PRESARIO V3000? :P

something is wrong with their maths xD
RE: assistance, just personal opinion by Voldemort on 05-08-2008 at 12:07 AM

check more sellers and if it has any offers on it... or on deremate.com or something

RE: assistance, just personal opinion by Adeptus on 05-08-2008 at 04:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MerK
i hate to say this here, but I HATE to not have enough money for all the stuff you want to get
Just wait until you start to work and have to pay for your living expenses.  Now you are probably spending unearned money and your only issue is there's not enough; then you will be spending hard-earned money and it won't be enough.

That said, you can use eBay to both determine the value of and potentially sell your unwanted laptops.  To find out what they are worth, search completed auctions for similar models and features.

It's been several years since I've sold a laptop on eBay, but my experience always was that laptops sell very well and fetch high prices there.  You can definitely use the eBay averages as a guideline, but if you end up selling it locally, expect to get 15-25% less.  It is often worth it though, because you can avoid eBay's fees and the hassles of shipping, Paypal payments, etc.
RE: assistance, just personal opinion by Voldemort on 05-08-2008 at 05:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
That said, you can use eBay to both determine the value of and potentially sell your unwanted laptops.  To find out what they are worth, search completed auctions for similar models and features.
mercadolibre.com (latin ebay) and deremate.com are similar :P
RE: assistance, just personal opinion by matt on 05-09-2008 at 07:30 PM

thanks for the help guys, i have resolved my problem now, i have 1 laptop gone. 
-
now i can get the dell one that i wanted from LA.