Shoutbox

Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer (/showthread.php?tid=83646)

Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by HuBa on 05-10-2008 at 03:07 PM

Currently there is no hotkey to copy the selected text to the clipboard in Logfile Viewer.

Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert should do this but it doesn't work.

I really need this feature!

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by Spunky on 05-10-2008 at 07:40 PM

I've used them before ^o)

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by Aardvark on 05-11-2008 at 10:54 AM

Same, there must be something wrong with your keyboard or messenger or something. Does right clicking the selected text and choosing copy successfully copy it?

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by HuBa on 05-11-2008 at 11:21 AM

Yes, right clicking and choosing copy solves the problem, but I need the hotkey.

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 12:08 PM

First make sure you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! (back in 2006 CTRL+C indeed didn't work in the log viewer and it was added later on... for the beta testers: see beta-forum, there are several threads about it)....

Can you use CTRL+C in MSIE?

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by HuBa on 05-11-2008 at 07:37 PM

Yes, Ctrl+C works in every MSIE window, except this Log-viewer.

I tried with WLM's own Log-viewer. It uses the same "Internet Explorer_Server" control. And Ctrl+C works here.

So it seems, it is somehow disabled in Plus' window on my computer.

You can see the version numbers in my signature. I always keep my applications up-to-date.

RE: Shortcut to copy text from logfile viewer by CookieRevised on 05-11-2008 at 11:08 PM

Then I wouldn't know why CTRL+C wont work for you (it does here and  with others), sorry.... :/

PS: the latest MsgPlus! build is 326 (not that it will fix this I think, but since you want to keep your apps always up-to-date... ;))