Shoutbox

Per Contact Font Overriding - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Per Contact Font Overriding (/showthread.php?tid=83678)

Per Contact Font Overriding by Aardvark on 05-12-2008 at 08:20 AM

Only certain fonts have spammy dark/light annoying fonts - why should that mean when I override them they should all be the same? A useful feature would be to extend the font-override function to a per-contact basis.

RE: Per Contact Font Overriding by CookieRevised on 05-12-2008 at 08:26 PM

Although I would like that too, such a feature can be scripted quite easly since there is an item "Overide contact's font" in the Plus! menu in each conversation window.

Using the PostMessageW Windows API to send a WM_COMMAND message to the chat window with the correct command id (7408) you can trigger that menu on or off depending on what contact you're talking too [*] (the default state of the menu when you open a chat window can be known from the registry key FontOverrideDefault).

Throw in a nice interface to select the contacts for which you want to override their fonts (and even reusing the registry settings for the font-override preferences in Plus!) and you have the feature.

More about this in some threads in the scripting forum, iirc...

;)

RE: Per Contact Font Overriding by Aardvark on 05-13-2008 at 05:57 AM

Oh cool, but my scripting knowledge is limited, and it seems logical to have it as a developed feature in Plus! than to be an expanded feature with a script though. :P

RE: Per Contact Font Overriding by Spunky on 05-13-2008 at 08:08 AM

I may attempt this later unless I'm beaten to it :p