Shoutbox

tabbed chats wrong status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: tabbed chats wrong status (/showthread.php?tid=83679)

tabbed chats wrong status by Nvidiot on 05-12-2008 at 09:13 AM

My tabbed chats show the wrong status for people after a while. It might be related to me locking my screen regularly, but I have not been able to find the exact cause of it.

Relevant info:
Windows Live Messenger Build 8.5.1302.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.324 - Released 19/03/2008
Windows XP SP2.

From the changelog of 4.60.0.324:
Fixed: in some rare occasions after signing-in or after experiencing connection problems, the wrong status is displayed for some contacts in windows such as desktop contacts and tabbed chats. This fix applies to Windows Vista and above only.

Apparently this same bug is also present on my Windows XP install.

See the attached file for a screenshot of the problem. Obviously, Lyndsey is offline, but the tab on the left shows the user as online.

RE: tabbed chats wrong status by ahmetgns on 05-23-2008 at 04:28 PM

Do you have a "user signed in" notification with only a sound in Messenger Plus! ? Check from here: Preferences>Customize!>Event Notifications.

RE: tabbed chats wrong status by CookieRevised on 05-23-2008 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nvidiot
It might be related to me locking my screen regularly
What exactly do you mean by that? The Messenger Plus! feature called "Messenger lock", or Windows' lock (<WIN>+<L>), or invoking the screensaver with a password, or something else, ... ?
RE: tabbed chats wrong status by RaceProUK on 05-23-2008 at 07:07 PM

He most likely means Win+L.

RE: tabbed chats wrong status by Nvidiot on 05-24-2008 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Do you have a "user signed in" notification with only a sound in Messenger Plus! ? Check from here: Preferences>Customize!>Event Notifications.
No, I only have a Signed out (Chatting with) and Auto-Accepted req. (All contacts) set there.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Nvidiot
It might be related to me locking my screen regularly
What exactly do you mean by that? The Messenger Plus! feature called "Messenger lock", or Windows' lock (<WIN>+<L>), or invoking the screensaver with a password, or something else, ... ?
Winkey+L

I seem to get it more often when Messenger tells me at the top of the contact list that changes on this computer may not be visible on all computers because of connection issues.
RE: tabbed chats wrong status by markee on 05-24-2008 at 11:35 AM

This is also an issue with hibernating your computer.  I thought this had been reported before but I can't seem to find a thread.