Shoutbox

How can I make the Event Log show dates? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How can I make the Event Log show dates? (/showthread.php?tid=83683)

How can I make the Event Log show dates? by MadVlrus on 05-12-2008 at 03:07 PM

Hey guys, I have just installed the Messenger Plus and must say it is a really neat addon. I found the feature "Event Log" really usefull. There is just one thing that is very inconvinient:
All the events are recorded in one long list, it displays the time of the events happening which is nice... but it does NOT display the dates, which can make it extremely confusing.

Is there any way I can add a "Date" box along with the "Time", "Origin" and "Event Description"?

Or perhaps sort them into groups so it sais for example on a 'coloured line' "April 28th:" with all the Events following underneath it. And then "April 29th:" with all the events happening on that day underneath. (Just like the "Chat Logs" really).

So is there any way of achieving one of the two mentioned above? (I personally think there is no reason of why the first method shouldn't be possible. :S)

Thx :)

RE: How can I make the Event Log show dates? by Tochjo on 05-12-2008 at 03:17 PM

Your suggestion has been put forward before, see [Suggestion] About Event Viewer. Patchou agreed to implementing it, but apparently has not got round to doing so. It could also be he has forgotten about it, but this thread should help him remember :)

RE: How can I make the Event Log show dates? by MadVlrus on 05-13-2008 at 06:18 PM

Oh so it hasn't been implemented yet? Alright... I shall w8 for the update then, thx. ;)