Shoutbox

Problem with adding Yahoo contacts to Windows Live Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problem with adding Yahoo contacts to Windows Live Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=83721)

Problem with adding Yahoo contacts to Windows Live Messenger by taz0x on 05-14-2008 at 07:07 PM

Well, to be specific, I have Windows Live Messenger 9 beta, not sure if this is the source of the problem, but I doubt it is. I've added already 3 contacts that uses Yahoo messenger, and NOT ONE, has gotten an invitation of me adding them onto my list. What the hell is wrong?? I mean I tried to go to this page because I heard that I have to sign up for something, but that page no longer exists. What in the world do I do now?? Aren't Yahoo and Windows Live supposed to be compatible now??

NOTE: I use a GMAIL address for Windows Messenger, could this be the source of the problem???

RE: Problem with adding Yahoo contacts to Windows Live Messenger by RebelSean on 05-16-2008 at 06:05 PM

I'm not sure if the beta has anything to do with this, but I've added a few yahoo contacts and it has worked. Have you tried rolling back to the latest 8.5 version?