Shoutbox

Release - Batman: The Dark Knight - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight (/showthread.php?tid=83790)

Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Willz on 05-18-2008 at 12:21 PM

Well its finally here boys and girls, another advanced skin for you to play with. This one is based on the upcoming batman movie Batman: The Dark Knight.

This skin will reshape your messenger into a dark, winged creation and features advanced user settings for you to customize your experience. A lot of effort has been put into the skin and I hope everyone appreciates it. This is the second shaped skin that I have ever created and I think that this one has turned out a lot better than the previous.

The skin has been built on Open Live so you can see what can be done with a bit of effort. After using Open Live for the first time myself I saw a bit on what could be improved within Open Live to make things easier for everyone else. The skin creation process has certainly been sped up for me (considering Iron Man took nearly 2 weeks and this skin only took about a week to get done).

Anyway words and pictures don't really describe nor show what this skin is capable of so its best that you guys check it out for yourselves.

[Image: BatmanPrev.png]

For WLM 8.5 ONLY

DOWNLOAD

P.S. yeah I'm too lazy to make a diff post but what can you do :P

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Basilis on 05-18-2008 at 12:28 PM

It is absolutely fantastic. What I like most is the colorization system. Congratulations Willz! 

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Aardvark on 05-18-2008 at 01:44 PM

In a word: Sick.

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Willz on 05-18-2008 at 01:59 PM

Open Live is an open source skin I made to make skinning easier. I made this skin from that. Made the creation process a hell of a lot quicker (but I guess because I know it back to front :P)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Aardvark on 05-18-2008 at 02:00 PM

Yeah wondering what it was I went and looked it up on your site, then edited my post :P

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Volv on 05-18-2008 at 02:29 PM

Looks amazing Willz! (Y)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Eddie on 05-18-2008 at 02:33 PM

Looks great, will test it in a second and edit this post with my full opinion :)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Matt-in on 05-18-2008 at 02:40 PM

Looks Awesome..Great Work As Usual Willz, :)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Justin on 05-18-2008 at 03:17 PM

Absolutely fantastic. I love it. (Y)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by aNILEator on 05-18-2008 at 03:32 PM

oh willz stop lying! It is describable with pictures and words and you know it!

Nice work though :)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Shiny Rabbit on 05-18-2008 at 07:52 PM

very nice, i'd use it if i were a batman fan

i'd wait on this clean and minimalistic skin you said you have in mind in the speed racer thread

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by blessedguy on 05-18-2008 at 09:24 PM

Willz!!!
Two tings you have to fix:

1. Top="154" Width="140" Left="315" are used for both Id="HideCall and Id="480". FIX THAT!

2. Why in the world did you use the same translation for pt-pt and pt-br? I couldn't understand almost 60% of the options panel... had to translate from English to Pt-Br.
If you want to include a translation for "pt-br", don't use the same translation as "pt-pt", use the En-Us instead: Brazilian grammar states that for Computer Related words, the correct is to use the same words as those from the original country, in that case, English words.

RE: RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Willz on 05-18-2008 at 11:40 PM

#1 - k checking it out,... yeah its the just the Portuguese one that does it. Fixed.

#2 - I thought Portuguese was the same for all places. But if it is really annoying people I can easily remove that.

*edit - ok its been sent to Menthix, not calling it a minor build change so its still 1.0.0. Its mainly just a fix for the Brazilian thing and the Portuguese option panel. So yeah decided against a build change since it doesn't require everyone to update.

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Eddie on 05-19-2008 at 03:55 PM

i love it, works great and looks awesome (Y) don't know whether i will use it over Aero but we will see after a few days :P

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by blessedguy on 05-19-2008 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
#1 - k checking it out,... yeah its the just the Portuguese one that does it. Fixed.

#2 - I thought Portuguese was the same for all places. But if it is really annoying people I can easily remove that.

*edit - ok its been sent to Menthix, not calling it a minor build change so its still 1.0.0. Its mainly just a fix for the Brazilian thing and the Portuguese option panel. So yeah decided against a build change since it doesn't require everyone to update.
Thnks Willz!
Ok, but the top and left thingy hapened with all languages! or at least when I downloaded it...
RE: RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Willz on 05-20-2008 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Willz

Thnks Willz!
Ok, but the top and left thingy hapened with all languages! or at least when I downloaded it...

Yeah two buttons are meant to have the same top values because it was done to save space, but if you look carefully they don't have the same left value which spaces them out.

You have one button at 315 and then the next at 480, so that means they are spaced out and you have two buttons per row. Like I said before the portuguese one was the only one that was bugged because they were not spaced out.
RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by prashker on 05-20-2008 at 12:15 AM

Pretty cool...I'm still using 9.0 though :P.

Now all I need is for this to come into the theaters :refuck:

Keep up the good work (y)

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by hshaffer412 on 08-17-2008 at 05:17 AM

how do you change the color scheme of the skin?  example:mine is green, yours is blue.

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Willz on 08-17-2008 at 05:27 AM

click the bat logo in the contact list. Then go to change your user color. nuff said.

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by John Anderton on 08-17-2008 at 06:05 AM

It better come with a good Dark Knight Wallpaper :refuck:
Its totally awesomely hawt. I love it :)
Now only if WLM would work :@
* John Anderton slaps WLM and his ISP around a bit with a large <°))))><

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by shadow on 09-01-2008 at 03:29 AM

How do i make the batman skin look like it is in the picture like the Exit button the middle button to make it big or and the minimize button ?

RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by Justin on 09-01-2008 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shadow
How do i make the batman skin look like it is in the picture like the Exit button the middle button to make it big or and the minimize button ?

You most likely have messenger maximized thats why you don't see the shape of the skin.
Just press the 'middle button', it should then be fine.
RE: Release - Batman: The Dark Knight by aNILEator on 09-01-2008 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Justin
quote:
Originally posted by shadow

You most likely have messenger maximized thats why you don't see the shape of the skin.
Just press the 'middle button', it should then be fine.
actually more than likely he has the menu enabled