Shoutbox

Messenger Log-in Error 80072efd - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Log-in Error 80072efd (/showthread.php?tid=83814)

Messenger Log-in Error 80072efd by sunflowers02 on 05-19-2008 at 09:16 AM

Hi,

I've been gettng the above log-in error for the past few days and can't access Messenger, Hotmail or MSN.

I have tried a few of the suggestions and uninstalled the program, but still can't access the websites so now can't re-download it.

Any help is much appreciated - I'm starting to stress as need to urgently get access.

Thanks.

RE: Messenger Log-in Error 80072efd by Stigmata on 05-19-2008 at 03:31 PM

• Check the messenger status page to see if it a problem with the messenger servers. If the service is not running allow it time to fix itself.
  • If there are no reported problems on the MSN servers, see if your proxy settings are correct: click "Tools" and then "options" at your MSN Messenger main window. In the options screen click "Connection" in the list to the left. Next, click the "Advanced Settings..." button. If you (likely) do not use a proxy server, try unchecking all the checkboxes except the one labeled TCP and see if you can connect now. (You might have to fully close and start Messenger again before retrying to connect)
If you are on a large network, the network administrator can probably tell you if you should have proxy settings in Messenger.
  • In Internet Explorer: click Tools, then Internet Options, select the "connections" tab. Try unchecking (if checked) "Use a proxy server for LAN" and check "Automatically detect settings.". This should enable both Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger to automatically find the best way to connect to the Internet.

RE: Messenger Log-in Error 80072efd by CookieRevised on 05-20-2008 at 12:40 AM

There are more things you can try...

See very detailed info on the Official Messenger Support Space for error code 80072efd:

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!13953.entry