Shoutbox

Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (/showthread.php?tid=83832)

Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Willz on 05-20-2008 at 01:54 PM

Whats better than one skin release this week?

How about two? Whats even better than two skin releases this week? Try two advanced skin releases. Bet you didn't see that one coming huh?

Anyway this is another custom shaped skin for you to play with. This time it is for the new Indiana Jones movie and features a design that can only suit the world of Indiana Jones. While this skin isn't really for those who like compact and simple things it is still something that should be tried as a lot of time was spent on unique window design.

I'm not really going to say much on this release as words and pictures don't really reflect what the skin is about, so I will leave it up to you guys to try it out and judge it.

But one things for certain :P I always have something up my sleeve so never turn your back for a second ;)

[Image: Preview_Small.jpg]
DOWNLOAD

FOR WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER 8.5 ONLY
REQUIRES MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE 4.60

P.S. - Again with the laziness of using the same thread, but yeah what can you do :P I'm tired.

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Volv on 05-20-2008 at 02:01 PM

Tried it, excellent skin! The contact list owns :D

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Andylongi on 05-20-2008 at 02:10 PM

Wow another great Skin! I absolutly love it!

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Basilis on 05-20-2008 at 04:53 PM

It is great. What I like most is the skulls with the snakes on the lower corners. Great job!

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by joey on 05-20-2008 at 05:56 PM

someone's popluar 8-)

im kidding, great skin man. i like it. =]

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by aNILEator on 05-20-2008 at 06:33 PM

OH willz please omit that line about words and pictures not describing it and never use it again :P

Everyone can tell, oh yes look that's the contact list those are the messenger buttons that's cool :P

Otherwise great one mate :D..... just wish I used 8.5 on my desktop, hardly ever go bootcamp on my lappy

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Nagamasa on 05-20-2008 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
OH willz please omit that line about words and pictures not describing it and never use it again :P
He's probably just too lazy to describe it (Like me :P).

Great skin, but probably wont download it cause I won't ever get a chance to use it :P
RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Matt-in on 05-20-2008 at 08:00 PM

Willz You are the greatest Man, My Favorite Skin :) Thank You So Muchh :)

Btw How Does a Ad Remover Sound? asap? Thank you

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by aNILEator on 05-20-2008 at 09:01 PM

there are ways to remove the ads,

As willz now disguises his file names, you will need to edit the files that point towards 920, 923 and 949. In the current version (he may decide to rename the files yet again) these files are:

920 Chat windows - ui/definitions/vrdrtgjhg.txt
923 Main Window (contact list) - ui/definitions/gbhvgdrt4t.txt
949 File Sharing - ui/definitions/aeegttfy5tygvh.txt

We're not permitted to talk about the specifics of removing ads on this forum (Patchou's decision) but there may be a certain tutorial on a forum to do with msg stuff ;) that tells you exactly what you'll need to add/edit.

Willz has altered some element names though in his texts however it is still possibly to remove them if you know whereabouts you're looking.

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by prashker on 05-20-2008 at 09:05 PM

pretty cool stuff :o

RE: RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by Willz on 05-21-2008 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
there are ways to remove the ads,

As willz now disguises his file names

Pssh :P whats the point of disguising them if you are going to give them away.

But yeah um for people who know how my previous skins and stuff worked they'll know where to look to get what they want, if more people went there, then there would be fewer of these questions ;)

Anyway glad its being liked by some people. I was trying pretty hard to get it out for the release day of the movie (considering I only started it two days ago I think its gone well :P).
RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by warmth on 05-21-2008 at 03:29 AM

:O what a design... excellent!!! amazing!!!

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls by prashker on 05-21-2008 at 03:47 AM

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

No S. It's not Skulls :p

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Willz on 05-21-2008 at 03:51 AM

noted, changed :P cut me some slack it was late when I released it last night and plus I had been at it all day. I didn't really notice it until you mentioned it haha.

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Eddie on 05-21-2008 at 02:32 PM

Looks awesome, but i am one of those compact Aero style skin guys, so i will stick to that, looks awesome and a nice surprise though! (Y)

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by mynetx on 05-22-2008 at 12:22 PM

Really good work Willz.
However, your content scrambling is not that hard... You removed the linebreaks and indents in SkinInfo.xml, but a lame "Open with Firefox" restores just all of them, including folding of <Tags> :D. It also serves as a table of contents revealing all of your acgybgsegbe filenames and assigning them to the correct window numbers ;)

So: think of a better encryption :P

RE: RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Willz on 05-22-2008 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Really good work Willz.
However, your content scrambling is not that hard... You removed the linebreaks and indents in SkinInfo.xml, but a lame "Open with Firefox" restores just all of them, including folding of <Tags> :D. It also serves as a table of contents revealing all of your acgybgsegbe filenames and assigning them to the correct window numbers ;)

The point the whole scrambling thing is for the average user, the one's who won't even think about doing what you and other experienced people do.

I already know that its easy to make it readable again, it wasn't meant to be something thats like "FOOLS YOU WILL NEVER CRACK MY CODE". Anyone who's computer savvy will be able to figure it out and I am well aware of that.

It's more to deter those who aren't savvy from editing it :P Besides it doesn't take long to do, I just run it through a generator and change a few file names :P

Its just like the dll's you use, really those don't stop people its more to deter those who don't know any better.
RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by mynetx on 05-22-2008 at 12:38 PM

Noob-lock ftw (Y)

RE: Release - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by blessedguy on 05-22-2008 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Hidden file attribute for the SkinInfo.xml, works with all files from the Skin folder, still hidden when compressed, still hiddden when extracted, and still work all right, and people usually forget how to make a hidden file visible.
That's a great way to make 'em hard to be discovered! :P