Shoutbox

Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) (/showthread.php?tid=83840)

Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Lou on 05-20-2008 at 09:34 PM

Click here!

Yeah, they've given a definite maybe on the time of release. So are we finally going to see an update, or are we just sitting ducks for another few years?

(A)

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Menthix on 05-20-2008 at 09:55 PM

I wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you :p.

1.4 definitely looks nice though from what i seen from their posts about it.

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Chrono on 05-20-2008 at 10:24 PM

lol, havent you given up already? it's been like 5 years since the last update of these forums :P

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Lou on 05-20-2008 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
lol, havent you given up already? it's been like 5 years since the last update of these forums :P
I'm never going to give up. He'll fall eventually.
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by WDZ on 05-20-2008 at 11:25 PM

Wow... I was waiting for it in July of last year. =p

I haven't had a chance to look "under the hood" yet to see what's changed and check out the performance/security/bugginess/etc. but I'll certainly mess with it once it's released. :p

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Lou on 05-20-2008 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Wow... I was waiting for it in July of last year. =p

I haven't had a chance to look "under the hood" yet to see what's changed and check out the performance/security/bugginess/etc. but I'll certainly mess with it once it's released. :p
Contact them, get yourself a version now, and for god's sake, have it ready to move sometime in August at least :<
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by prashker on 05-21-2008 at 12:41 AM

Whoever wrote comment #10 on that blog post...

Totally uncalled for :undecided:

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by NiteMare on 05-21-2008 at 01:11 AM

i'm surprised WDZ didn't sign up for beta testing:P

but more likly 2.0 will come out before the boards are upgraded

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Lou on 05-21-2008 at 01:16 AM

I'm beginning to think we should just do a clean install, since he's really that lazy :sad:.

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by WDZ on 05-21-2008 at 03:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Contact them, get yourself a version now
I don't have much time to work on it right now... gonna be busy IRL for the next few weeks. =/

quote:
I'm beginning to think we should just do a clean install
How clean? O_o Migrating the important data would be fairly easy, so there's no reason not to at least do that. :p

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i'm surprised WDZ didn't sign up for beta testing:P
Did they even ask people to sign up? I didn't pay much attention because I got tired of waiting and moved on to other projects. I don't see any announcements about beta testing.
Though I do see plenty about security holes... most of which were never a problem on this board... (a)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
it's been like 5 years since the last update of these forums :P
Lies... I make small updates all the time, and it's only been 4 years since the RC2 upgrade. :zippy:
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by NiteMare on 05-21-2008 at 03:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Did they even ask people to sign up?
beta.mybboard.net i signed up there and they selected me after a little while
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Quantum on 05-21-2008 at 03:39 PM

If WDZ makes modifications and updates to the boards all the time all that "work" will be lost :P

Anyway never actually used mybb for a long period of time but 1.4 does look worth trying out.

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by joey on 05-21-2008 at 05:42 PM

keep it as it is WDZ. in many years time, this will be retro and "hip" or "cool" again :zippy:

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Ezra on 05-21-2008 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
If WDZ makes modifications and updates to the boards all the time all that "work" will be lost

I believe WDZ created most of his modifications separate of the core of mybb, so he could reinstall them with slight modifications
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Quantum on 05-21-2008 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:
If WDZ makes modifications and updates to the boards all the time all that "work" will be lost

I believe WDZ created most of his modifications separate of the core of mybb, so he could reinstall them with slight modifications

Oh so like not into the files themselves but just "included"????
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Lou on 05-21-2008 at 08:56 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:

Oh so like not into the files themselves but just "included"????
That would be the basic idea of it, yes. I'm sure wdz coded everything in preparation for this (probably not ever going to happen) move, regardless.
RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by user27089 on 05-27-2008 at 12:51 PM

Don't force the administrators to update something that really doesn't need updating. This forum is customized enough to do everything that it needs to do, it might as well be a seperate version of MyBB in itself.

This version is great, and I think you'll miss it once it's gone if you do update it.

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Nathan on 05-27-2008 at 03:58 PM

Maybe we can leave this board and implement some of the major features? E.g AJAX editors etc. Just to spice it up a bit :p

RE: Mybb 1.4 -> July (<3 wdz) by Eljay on 05-27-2008 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Maybe we can leave this board and implement some of the major features? E.g AJAX editors etc. Just to spice it up a bit :p

Maybe we can leave it up to WDZ :P