Shoutbox

Standard Smileys removeable? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Standard Smileys removeable? (/showthread.php?tid=83891)

Standard Smileys removeable? by Hawkin on 05-23-2008 at 02:59 PM

Hi all :)
You know with normal Live Messenger you can't modify nor remove the standard emoticons, which really sucks. Is it possible with messenger plus live?

Thanks in advance,
Hawk

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by Sunshine on 05-23-2008 at 03:05 PM

Nope, not possible with Plus! either. What you can do with Messenger Plus! Live is create Quick Icon panels to help sort the emoticons you collected (Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Quick Icons). Maybe that will take away some of the "annoyance" you have with the standard ones....

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by Hawkin on 05-23-2008 at 04:20 PM

Mmmh, I see. I don't have problems with the standard icons themselves, it's just that they consume too many shortcuts I want to use for other smileys. The [Image: msn_grin.gif] icon for example takes :d, :D, :-D, :-d, :>, :-> and maybe some more combinations away [Image: msn_sad.gif]
I mean ':>' expresses a complete different feeling than ':D'. And ':d' is also another expression!
So do I have to get used to use completely different terms for my own smileys? :x

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by ahmetgns on 05-24-2008 at 01:35 PM

Install StuffPlug 3.5, it has an option to override default emoticon shortcuts.

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by Hawkin on 06-05-2008 at 04:27 PM

Thanks, StuffPlug solved the problem (Y)

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by Basilis on 06-05-2008 at 04:32 PM

Well, it is possible with Messenger Plus Live too. Like Willz did, you can create a skin and replace the emoticon resources with the ones of your selection.

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by ahmetgns on 06-05-2008 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Well, it is possible with Messenger Plus Live too. Like Willz did, you can create a skin and replace the emoticon resources with the ones of your selection.
I don't think a skin can do what Hawkin wants. Because Hawkin wants to use the default shortcuts for his different emoticons. But WLM doesn't allow to use those shortcuts. But StuffPlug ignores that wlm restriction.

RE: Standard Smileys removeable? by CookieRevised on 06-05-2008 at 06:43 PM

Well, a skin does allow you to use different emoticons for the same default Messenger shortcuts.

But the big difference with StuffPlug is that the skin-solution will only show the different emoticons locally; thus at your computer. Your contacts will still see the default Messenger emoticons (since Plus!-skins can only change your Messenger's look).