Shoutbox

Removing contacts... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Removing contacts... (/showthread.php?tid=83917)

Removing contacts... by lk66 on 05-24-2008 at 05:29 PM

Under 'Preferences' > 'Privacy'> I have contacts in my 'block list' that I want to remove - not for any particular reason as they are 'blocked' so cannot see me or message me... I just like to keep things tidy!

How do I remove them?

I'm on a Mac using Messenger v6.0.3 - not a PC if it makes any difference.

Thanks

RE: Removing contacts... by Tochjo on 05-24-2008 at 05:47 PM

You can only remove contacts that do not have you in their contact list anymore. To remove those, right click them and select Delete. If this option is grayed out, you cannot delete them because they still have you in their list. See Messenger Privacy for more information :)

RE: Removing contacts... by lk66 on 05-24-2008 at 05:58 PM

Thanks...

Some of the contacts in my 'blocked' list I don't actually know! They must have added me to their contacts - for whatever reason!

So, the only way to remove them from my contacts list is to 'temporarily' add them to my 'allow' list - then MSN them - and ask them to remove 'me' from their contact list?

RE: Removing contacts... by Tochjo on 05-24-2008 at 06:01 PM

Yes, that is correct. You need to be deleted from their list before you can delete them from your block list (or allow list).

RE: Removing contacts... by lk66 on 05-24-2008 at 06:09 PM

Thanks again... seems a bit odd to me... surely I should be allowed to 'choose' who I delete from my own contacts?!

RE: Removing contacts... by Spunky on 05-24-2008 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lk66
Thanks again... seems a bit odd to me... surely I should be allowed to 'choose' who I delete from my own contacts?!

WLM needs to know who is allowed to talk to you... You can choose who is allowed or not by accepting or declining the requests to add you