Shoutbox

What the hell is going on here :S - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What the hell is going on here :S (/showthread.php?tid=84006)

What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-29-2008 at 12:03 PM

It's just started happening, when I ALT+TAB out of a game it will do this:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=910627]

Something to do with the GFX card I know, it's like its spiked, can any one rectify this and supply a solution?

Thanks <3

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by mattisdada on 05-29-2008 at 01:16 PM

I have never ever seen that happen :|.

Try uninstalling your graphics card drivers and reinstall with the newest ones.

If that doesnt work.... well.... get a new anti virus and spyware?

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-29-2008 at 01:18 PM

Oh :( Well i've tried that.... But I can get rid of those stripes on the programs if i minimize and then maximize... Which could means it's a problem with a driver..

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by vaccination on 05-29-2008 at 01:20 PM

Just looks like something is lagging it when you minimise and it's not being hidden properly.

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Basilis on 05-29-2008 at 01:24 PM

I believe it is a virus. I had a similar problem and after I removed a virus, my Pc was working properly again.

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by foaly on 05-29-2008 at 01:30 PM

that or your gfx card is overheated... might wanna check its temperature...

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-29-2008 at 02:50 PM

Yeah it could be that foaly, its a laptop and its not any old laptop, its an acer laptop :p.... says it all really! Thanks

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by absorbation on 05-29-2008 at 05:23 PM

It's an Acer, that explains it all really. They exacerbate problems with computers.

(I should do stand up - I'm freaking hilarious !)

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Ezra on 05-29-2008 at 08:17 PM

Mine did that when it died.

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Mike on 05-29-2008 at 08:21 PM

Play in windowed mode :P

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-29-2008 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Mine did that when it died.
Hahaha great.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Play in windowed mode :P
I like high gfx and the gfx sucks in windowed mode :P (the fps)
RE: What the hell is going on here :S by bigb88 on 05-29-2008 at 08:51 PM

some games can not handle when u do the alt+tab i have had a few that did that or made the screen look more wacked then that why would u do that anyways if u want it in window mode get um... 3danalyzer i think its called and here is a link for it http://files.filefront.com/3danalyzer+v236rar/;5422262;/fileinfo.html

window mode bein wont do the whole fullscreen and give u the option to do that and proly wont kill the screen so.. Nathan it has nothin to do with your video card k :)... oh and i see someone posted that to play it in windowed mode not sure if wow lets u do that so if not use the program i posted above :)

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Oxy on 05-29-2008 at 08:53 PM

bigb:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
I like high gfx and the gfx sucks in windowed mode

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by bigb88 on 05-29-2008 at 08:55 PM

yea games do sucks like that but if u goin to do alt tab to do something else beats the point of playing the game lol :)

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by user27089 on 05-30-2008 at 04:49 PM

First of all, press Winkey+R to open up the run dialog, then run dxdiag to check that your card is running directx correctly (this happened to me) before, I really don't know what caused it because removing my drivers completely and reinstalling sorted it out. Of course it might be worth your while to open up your computer and clear it of dust etc, to prevent the system from overheating.

Also dude, re-size your screenshot

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by andrewdodd13 on 05-30-2008 at 05:25 PM

This is what mine done before it blew up as well.

Although, it's certainly strange that it only does it when you alt-tab out, but not in game - seeing as the GPU will be running at much higher temperatures when it's having to draw stuff. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but when games are minimized they're not supposed to keep rendering).

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-30-2008 at 06:02 PM

Oh, great! It's like the graphics card isn't rendering/drawing quickly cos of defects/spikes (I know I'm not using the correct technical words). Can anyone else clarify this?

Well it could well be on its last legs it's 2 years old (This laptop's been down stairs :P) so yeah it's been pretty good to me.... NEXT UP ALIENWARE!!!!! :P

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by NiteMare on 05-30-2008 at 10:20 PM

what you need to do is press Win+R, then type cmd, in the command prompt that opens, type "format C:", now its alittle risky as 50% of the time it works, but if it does work, the computer will kindly say "Thank you for fixing me" and a cookie will pop out of the floppy drive or the CD drive, if it doesn't work, well put it this way, the lines on your screen won't be bothering you anymore

RE: What the hell is going on here :S by Nathan on 05-30-2008 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
what you need to do is press Win+R, then type cmd, in the command prompt that opens, type "format C:", now its alittle risky as 50% of the time it works, but if it does work, the computer will kindly say "Thank you for fixing me" and a cookie will pop out of the floppy drive or the CD drive, if it doesn't work, well put it this way, the lines on your screen won't be bothering you anymore
Doesn't work, i tried it and it said "Cannot delete system files, they are in use" or something :(
RE: What the hell is going on here :S by NiteMare on 05-30-2008 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
Doesn't work, i tried it and it said "Cannot delete system files, they are in use" or something :(

turn your computer off insert a boot disk, then try again