Shoutbox

YouTube problem... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: YouTube problem... (/showthread.php?tid=84018)

YouTube problem... by Th3rmal on 05-30-2008 at 08:18 AM

Everytime i try to load a youtube video, it either doesnt load or it says "This video is no longer available". Does anyone know why this is happening?

RE: YouTube problem... by bigb88 on 05-30-2008 at 11:48 AM

yea proly cuz youtube has pulled the video or the users have lol

RE: YouTube problem... by Th3rmal on 05-30-2008 at 11:49 AM

no this happens with all videos. I doubt youtube just pulled every single video off their servers.

RE: YouTube problem... by joey on 05-30-2008 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yahoo! answers

Do you have the stupid Google Web Accelerator? If so, then dump it, burn it,  rash it, disable it, get rid of it, uninstall it -- do everything you can to get as far away from it as possible. Trying to bypass GWA with "Don't Accelerate this Website" will not help you whatsoever. That being said.....

If YouTube is slow or stuck, and you get advice from people to install, change or update things:....DON'T. Your computer and YouTube were working perfectly fine before, right?

It's never a good idea to go fooling around with java scripts, firewall settings, flash players, antivirus utilities, registries, pop-up blockers, different browsers, or things like that.

The first and best option should ALWAYS be: don't disable, erase, uninstall, separate, alter, download, install or change anything. Doing those will only make matters worse for you. (Of course, you should get rid of GWA.)

You should also keep in mind that YouTube frequently shuts down many of its servers without telling anybody, in order to update stuff. If that's the case, your problem should correct itself within a few hours or by the next day.

Whenever YouTube seems stuck or displays strange things, empty your cache of all "temporary internet files", "cookies" and "history". Things will probably be okay afterwards.

If you're not sure how to do this, or if you want extra tips on how to make YouTube run even faster (all without having to install, buy or change anything), then click on my avatar and email me. I will lead you through "cache" clearing and my other tips in easy English with full explanations.

RE: YouTube problem... by Th3rmal on 05-30-2008 at 12:06 PM

oh i see, ill uninstall then report back

EDIT: FIXED!!!! tyvm :)

RE: YouTube problem... by mathpower on 06-16-2008 at 04:22 AM

Um, i'm kinda confused. What did u uninstall to make it work?

RE: YouTube problem... by tony on 06-16-2008 at 04:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by icd*
Google Web Accelerator

RE: YouTube problem... by joey on 06-16-2008 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
oh i see, ill uninstall then report back

EDIT: FIXED!!!! tyvm :)
anytime, you owe me something though, ill make something up when the time comes...:cheesy: