Shoutbox

improved /usay please! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: improved /usay please! (/showthread.php?tid=84026)

improved /usay please! by Andyx7 on 05-30-2008 at 08:27 PM

ok i just want too say whoever made the usay script..i love you! lol, but what i want too know is if it is possible to make it so the script copy's the persons font and font colour. if you can produce this you really are a genius, thank you for the help guys/gals!

RE: improved /usay please! by Th3rmal on 05-31-2008 at 07:36 AM

The font thing cant be done (i dont think) because they may be using a font that is not installed on your system, hence it would be pointless. Font colour probably can be done but the actual font i dont think is possible.

Correct me if im wrong.

RE: improved /usay please! by Basilis on 05-31-2008 at 08:48 AM

The font thing wouldn't be useless. Actually, it is necessary because the other person sees the font is different that his and gets the joke.

RE: improved /usay please! by Spunky on 05-31-2008 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
The font thing wouldn't be useless. Actually, it is necessary because the other person sees the font is different that his and gets the joke.

Read the message again; if the font is not on your system, then it is pointless as you will not be able to use it still
RE: improved /usay please! by Quantum on 05-31-2008 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:

Read the message again; if the font is not on your system, then it is pointless as you will not be able to use it still

Whats the chances of a typical user to have fonts that's not on your system?
RE: improved /usay please! by Spunky on 05-31-2008 at 09:39 AM

Quite likely tbh. People use all sorts of fonts on WLM thinking other people are always gonna see it how they do.. Obviously we never notice a weird or wacky font, because we ourselves don't have it so it reverts to default on our side

RE: improved /usay please! by Quantum on 05-31-2008 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Quite likely tbh. People use all sorts of fonts on WLM thinking other people are always gonna see it how they do.. Obviously we never notice a weird or wacky font, because we ourselves don't have it so it reverts to default on our side

I just got an idea;

The script can get the font and capture parts of it and then sends it to a server that matches the image or data with a whole database of ones. If one is found it then downloads the font and applys it.

Please tell what you think!
RE: improved /usay please! by Spunky on 05-31-2008 at 10:10 AM

Or it just displays the name of the font and you can google it... Only problem with either method is that not all fonts are free; it could even be a font your contact made themselves

RE: improved /usay please! by foaly on 05-31-2008 at 10:22 AM

quote:
I know for a fact that at least 90% of my contacts use a built in font...
So I can't see that should be a reason not to make the function...
RE: improved /usay please! by Quantum on 05-31-2008 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
I know for a fact that at least 90% of my contacts use a built in font...
So I can't see that should be a reason not to make the function...

Same with me :P My contacts are not really capable or interested enough to go around looking for fonts that's not on the pc already :P :D
RE: improved /usay please! by Spunky on 05-31-2008 at 11:18 AM

We've had how many threads asking how to use the script and you think the same users will be able to find a font on the internet and install it properly? I can't imagine all those users suddenly learning how to use a computer properly to be honest. The script would need some built in downloader

RE: improved /usay please! by vikke on 05-31-2008 at 12:23 PM

It wouldn't be useless at all even if you don't have the font installed. Because your contact obviously has it installed (since your copying it from him), and can see it properly.
And since Messenger downloads the font and installs it temporarily (I think), you should probably be able to show it as well.

The font can be sent/retrieved using a simple Winsock hook, you don't have to mess with downloading the font from some website (think about viruses!), just change the font name when sent through Winsock (it's just a string..).

RE: improved /usay please! by Andyx7 on 05-31-2008 at 01:20 PM

well i'm liking the posts so far. seem as i am a complete novice to scripting. I also think that getting the exact font colour would also be hard due to the fact some people "create" their own. if it can be done then wow, hats off to whoever makes it. keep 'em coming guys/gals.

RE: improved /usay please! by michaelbadichi on 06-15-2008 at 07:37 PM

read the thread usay 1.1
and nag the forum manager about updating the script :)

RE: improved /usay please! by LaLa on 10-31-2008 at 01:18 AM

How do use the /usay script......what do you type in the conversation

i do:
/usay Hi

but it still comes from me and not my contact

Can someone help me please?

RE: improved /usay please! by ShawnZ on 10-31-2008 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

who cares if *you* can see it? your contact has it installed, which is all that matters...

but no, you can't do it. (well you can, but unreliably and with a lot of work.)
RE: RE: improved /usay please! by LaLa on 11-01-2008 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LaLa
How do use the /usay script......what do you type in the conversation

i do:
/usay Hi

but it still comes from me and not my contact

Can someone help me please?

anyone?