Shoutbox

I got a new toy :D - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: I got a new toy :D (/showthread.php?tid=84038)

I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 01:35 PM

Well yeah me and my dad went out and bought a nitro R/C car :p

It's the Savage X 4.6 RTR and it's really cool - I'm running the engine in atm so its outside idling.

I was wondering if anyone had any expereince with Nitro cars - and if they could drop me some hints to keep it in good nick and stuff?

[Image: savage46mainblue.jpg]

RE: I got a new toy :D by Vilkku on 05-31-2008 at 02:05 PM

I got an old R/C car lying around, it should be in good shape as I've kept it indoors and I haven't used it that much. It has a proper engine and all, but I remember having problems with it when I got it because I was a bit too young. Maybe I should try running it again :D

[Image: 1163_xl.jpg]

EDIT: Added image. I had a look at it just now and electronics are still go, responds to the remote like it should. Just need to get the engine started and it should be all good to go.

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 02:06 PM

Haha yeah you should! It's the time of the year... I tell you what though, getting the engine started for the first time is a absolute bastard :p

I'm going to convert the pully to an electric one - I have no less than 4 blisters on 1 finger :P

RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 02:14 PM

how much?

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 02:15 PM

£400 for the actual car, but then we had too buy nitro and the kit to convert it to electric etc. So we walked out £500 less :(

Oh and we bought a thingy for it, and it puts the brakes on if the car goes out of range, otherwise it'd carry on forever (or at least untill i ran out of petrol :P)

RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 02:21 PM

i never thought they were so expensive. then again i suppose it depends what you get. im assuming: you got a big monster truck thing so it'll cost more than a WRC car.

i want one though :P

RE: RE: I got a new toy :D by Vilkku on 05-31-2008 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
I'm going to convert the pully to an electric one - I have no less than 4 blisters on 1 finger :P
You mean getting an electrical starter for the fuel engine or getting an electric engine? And yeah, I remember my reason for not using it as much was the engine being hard to start, I always had to get my dad to start it for me.

btw, I don't remember mine being nearly as expensive as yours :P
RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 02:23 PM

Yeah, the petrol and nitro ones are more expensive than electric ones :P, and this is 3 channel - Forward, Backwards and Brake. So yeah it all adds up.

I still haven't driven it yet - it has to idle for a while to get the engine to run in :p

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
You mean getting an electrical starter for the fuel engine or getting an electric engine? And yeah, I remember my reason for not using it as much was the engine being hard to start, I always had to get my dad to start it for me.

btw, I don't remember mine being nearly as expensive as yours :P

Well it's quite a big one, and it's pretty top notch according to reviews etc. (I dunno I went with dad and he asked for the best :P) and yeh electric starter - aka. Rotastarter :)
RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 02:26 PM

vids :O

ive always wondered how they work actually. i might have to run to wiki...

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 02:27 PM

The vids are pretty cool, they show it jumping about 40feet :p lol

RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 03:05 PM

quote:
I'm going to convert the pully to an electric one - I have no less than 4 blisters on 1 finger
sorry but

LOL NUB
RE: I got a new toy :D by Quantum on 05-31-2008 at 03:16 PM

You should attach flip out wings and a parachute :P Wire to the circutboard add more buttons to your rc and make it fly! :P

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
I'm going to convert the pully to an electric one - I have no less than 4 blisters on 1 finger
sorry but

LOL NUB
Not really, it's common when your using the pully... Especially with a new engine - it's a total bastard to start, I was it at it for 1 hour, and it wasn't until i realized that the sparkplug can be loosened to help out the start of a new engine :p
RE: I got a new toy :D by vaccination on 05-31-2008 at 04:08 PM

quote:
quote:
sorry but

LOL NUB
vaccination says (15:26):
I'm going to convert the pully to an electric one - I have no less than 4 blisters on 1 finger (Smilie)
wtf
pussy:P
--
What kind of pully is it, cause if it's like one we've got on our petrol lawnmower then I have no idea how you could get a blister.
RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
What kind of pully is it, cause if it's like one we've got on our petrol lawnmower then I have no idea how you could get a blister.
He's a pulleypussy.

Actually, newbs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulley
RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 04:18 PM

it has "ring" to it...

video it when you drive it about nathan :P

RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 04:21 PM

[Image: HP1428.jpg]

if that's your pulley, man you're a real pussy.

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 05-31-2008 at 05:22 PM

Yeah? So you're telling me you wouldnt even grimace when you have 4 popped blisters on the finger you use to pull the pully up? You know, the pully that's covered in oil and nitro. To start it up you have to yank it up and down about 10times and ive done it more than 50times today?

Blah whatever...

RE: I got a new toy :D by vaccination on 05-31-2008 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Yeah? So you're telling me you wouldnt even grimace when you have 4 popped blisters on the finger you use to pull the pully up? You know, the pully that's covered in oil and nitro. To start it up you have to yank it up and down about 10times and ive done it more than 50times today?

Blah whatever...
No, we're saying that it's fucked up if you got 4 blisters on one finger from pulling a plastic handle. Shouldn't get any blisters from pulling that pully =/
RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 05:27 PM

I know that i've done more than 50 while fixing landmowers... never had a blister

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nagamasa on 05-31-2008 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
You should attach flip out wings and a parachute :P Wire to the circutboard add more buttons to your rc and make it fly! :P
That's just not gonna work. If you're going to college, you should know that there's no propellers to make it stay in the air and so it would just be hovering over the ground and burning more rubber than it should...

But yeah, back on topic. That's pretty nice :P (Not that I want one though. :P)
RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
If you're going to college, you should know that there's no propellers to make it stay in the air and so it would just be hovering over the ground and burning more rubber than it should...
If you were intelligent you would know that if it was to be hovering over the ground it would not "burn rubber" because friction is minimal.
RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 08:09 PM

minimal meaning non-existent.

RE: I got a new toy :D by Chris4 on 05-31-2008 at 08:19 PM

Wow, nice car. I'm jealous :O

RE: I got a new toy :D by vaccination on 05-31-2008 at 08:38 PM

quote:
quote:
If you're going to college, you should know that there's no propellers to make it stay in the air and so it would just be hovering over the ground and burning more rubber than it should...
If you were intelligent you would know that if it was to be hovering over the ground it would not "burn rubber" because friction is minimal.
More to the point, it wouldn't randomly be hovering because it's got wings. You'd most likely need to drive it off a cliff edge to create enough uplift, at which point it'd glide for a while until friction decreased upthrust enough to pull it back down to Earth. Which wouldn't take very long at all. I imagine it'd also need a pretty big wingspan.
RE: I got a new toy :D by prashker on 05-31-2008 at 09:56 PM

I had a Nitro car before....it died (was cheap)...so I took the entire jug of nitro fuel....poured a line on the street (at night) and lit it on fire....was the coolest blue line of fire I ever saw :p

RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by icd*
minimal meaning non-existent.
not minimal. friction is ever-present, unlike god.
RE: I got a new toy :D by Nagamasa on 05-31-2008 at 10:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Well it's not going to magically hover...its gonna lose speed and fall onto the ground, where the the tires go from "no" resistance (air) to the ground and when it makes contact, it'll burn extra rubber due to the speed difference (thus why there are lots of rubber on ends of runways)
RE: I got a new toy :D by Voldemort on 05-31-2008 at 10:57 PM

it's not a plane, mr. fetish.

and there is always resistance.

RE: I got a new toy :D by Chrono on 05-31-2008 at 11:04 PM

what a waste of money O_o!

it must be cool though :P

RE: I got a new toy :D by joey on 05-31-2008 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
what a Good waste of money O_o!

it must be cool though :P

RE: I got a new toy :D by CookieRevised on 06-01-2008 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Well yeah me and my dad went out and bought a nitro R/C car :p

It's the Savage X 4.6 RTR and it's really cool - I'm running the engine in atm so its outside idling.

I was wondering if anyone had any expereince with Nitro cars - and if they could drop me some hints to keep it in good nick and stuff?

[Image: savage46mainblue.jpg]
:drool:

* CookieRevised = jealous

I once had an RC car, but it was with a battery pack. It could go 45Km/u though, whish was extremely fast for such RC cars (I'm talking like 20 years ago). After a few years of fun with it, I crashed it to bits doing crazy jumps and loopings... :p)
RE: I got a new toy :D by vaccination on 06-01-2008 at 08:20 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Well it's not going to magically hover...its gonna lose speed and fall onto the ground, where the the tires go from "no" resistance (air) to the ground and when it makes contact, it'll burn extra rubber due to the speed difference (thus why there are lots of rubber on ends of runways)
air != no resistance.
RE: I got a new toy :D by Phillip on 06-01-2008 at 08:26 AM

I used to get blisters from playing on the monkey bars :sad:

RE: RE: I got a new toy :D by Vilkku on 06-01-2008 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I got an old R/C car lying around, it should be in good shape as I've kept it indoors and I haven't used it that much. It has a proper engine and all, but I remember having problems with it when I got it because I was a bit too young. Maybe I should try running it again :D

[Image: 1163_xl.jpg]

EDIT: Added image. I had a look at it just now and electronics are still go, responds to the remote like it should. Just need to get the engine started and it should be all good to go.
It runs :D :D Just took it for a spin, looked very good, just that it stalled at one point, after which it refused to start properly (partly because the heater had no more power) so I took a break. I'll clean it up and try to get it running reliably once I have more time on my hands (33 days of army service to go :D).
RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 06-01-2008 at 10:47 PM

Vikk, if its not starting try changing your idle speed or your sparkplug is too tight loosen it, just to get it started. nice btw :D

RE: I got a new toy :D by user27089 on 06-05-2008 at 11:55 AM

What a royal waste of money. Idea; put the money in the bank and save up to buy a real car when you're of age lol. I'm sure that way you'll have more fun and it'll be less of a novelty.

I assure you in one month you'll be sick of going outside and watching the car go backwards and forwards

RE: I got a new toy :D by High Speed Chaser on 06-05-2008 at 12:43 PM

My new toy.

[Image: cirrus_sr20gts_1.jpg]

I love flying!

RE: I got a new toy :D by Nathan on 06-06-2008 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
What a royal waste of money. Idea; put the money in the bank and save up to buy a real car when you're of age lol. I'm sure that way you'll have more fun and it'll be less of a novelty.

I assure you in one month you'll be sick of going outside and watching the car go backwards and forwards
Not really :S, say I did get bored of it, then I would tune it, and upgrade parts, and change the chassis etc. And then I would start doing some bigass jumps!
quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
My new toy.

[Image: cirrus_sr20gts_1.jpg]

I love flying!
Is that a real one, or r/c? :p
RE: I got a new toy :D by vaccination on 06-06-2008 at 08:47 AM

quote:

Is that a real one, or r/c? :p
Real
RE: I got a new toy :D by High Speed Chaser on 06-06-2008 at 08:53 AM

I flown real and R/C planes and nothing compares to the real thing.

As Vaccy said, it is the Real thing.