Shoutbox

From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script (/showthread.php?tid=84045)

From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Elireo on 05-31-2008 at 05:30 PM

Is it possible to convert a Plus script into a script that works without having plus on the computer?! let say If the script makes the keyboard leds work to the beat of a song... and I don't want to have to run messenger plus to have that thing... Can I convert my Script into .exe or Even .html?!

RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Jimbo on 05-31-2008 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Elireo
Is it possible to convert a Plus script into a script that works without having plus on the computer?! let say If the script makes the keyboard leds work to the beat of a song... and I don't want to have to run messenger plus to have that thing... Can I convert my Script into .exe or Even .html?!
An exe could be possible, or even a vb script, but dont quote me on it.
RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Elireo on 05-31-2008 at 06:49 PM

Can anyone tell me how?

RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Jimbo on 05-31-2008 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Elireo
Can anyone tell me how?
Well firstly, what script are you trying to convert? One already made, or one you have made yourself?
RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Elireo on 05-31-2008 at 07:40 PM

one already made...

RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Adeptus on 05-31-2008 at 09:54 PM

Messenger Plus Live! scripting is based on JScript, so some of the code from Plus! scripts could potentially run under Windows Script Host.  Obviously, any objects and interfaces provided by Plus! won't be available and other adjustments may be needed.

Overall, this is one of those questions where the best answer is "if you have to ask whether it can be done, you probably can't do it".  Porting part of a script that doesn't have anything to do with Messenger or Plus! to run under WSH should be possible, but would require programming skills I strongly suspect you don't have.

RE: From a Plus Script to a Work Alone Script by Elireo on 05-31-2008 at 09:58 PM

ya ur right... I don't... so another question... anyone can help me up with that part ?!:D