Shoutbox

Functionality regarding Chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Functionality regarding Chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=84097)

Functionality regarding Chat logs by forrestgumpx on 06-02-2008 at 10:21 AM

I'm not sure whether i am in the correct forum section.
But ive searched the script database for history scripts which allows you to easily open up the chat log of the current chatwindow.

Now I've to go to "Plus > Open Chat log > type in password and press enter"

Is there a way to automize it?

I am also looking for a script that shows the last or past conversations in the window. Could it be done by scripts?

Thanks in advance

RE: Functionality regarding Chat logs by Menthix on 06-02-2008 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by forrestgumpx
Now I've to go to "Plus > Open Chat log > type in password and press enter"
You can type the command in a conversation window, i believe it's something like "/viewlog" or "openlog". Type "/" in a conversation window and the list of commands should show up. Ofcourse you still will have to type your pass.

RE: Functionality regarding Chat logs by forrestgumpx on 06-02-2008 at 10:59 AM

thanks buddy, i wish there would be something like a 'open encrypted chat logs automatically".  Because you are already signed in and plus is running in the background. It would save a lot of time if you didnt have to put into your password 10 times when opening 10 chatlogs...

RE: Functionality regarding Chat logs by vaccination on 06-02-2008 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by forrestgumpx
thanks buddy, i wish there would be something like a 'open encrypted chat logs automatically".  Because you are already signed in and plus is running in the background. It would save a lot of time if you didnt have to put into your password 10 times when opening 10 chatlogs...
People might use a different password for chatlogs, so it's not really a case of already being signed into messenger.

Secondly, you only have to enter your password once, then you can navigate to other chatlogs by using the tree diagram on the left of the chatlog viewer.

It's a 'security' risk aswell I guess.
RE: Functionality regarding Chat logs by forrestgumpx on 06-02-2008 at 04:39 PM

You are right about the security risk.

However, the tree diagram is not really user friendly, i got logsgoing back to a couple of years. And many times i have to click on the year, than month, then alphabatically search for that name. It would be nice if there's a button such as "previous month" :) just an idea.

i like the viewlog command though ;)