Shoutbox

Sign contact out of Msg. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Sign contact out of Msg. (/showthread.php?tid=84139)

Sign contact out of Msg. by Some 1 on 06-05-2008 at 05:46 AM

[size=2]Anyone... I need help on finding a possible script that can make a contact that I am talking to sign out of messener. By this I mean that when I type the wanted command (/signcntout) in a conversation with a single contact, that specific contact will be signed out of messenger (Just signed out so he can sign in back whenever he wants). I can really give a script like this a very good use to those anoying nudgers that I just don't want to block because they are my friends. Any help or information will be appreaciated. Thanks:)[color=black]

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by NanaFreak on 06-05-2008 at 06:13 AM

its impossible to do. go search the forums for stuff like this people have requested it before, and its the same answer... cant be done

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by zogo on 06-06-2008 at 07:49 PM

no its not impossible if they have pluss too...

if you create a script that responds to the commands from other contacts you just make it log you off if you type a secret code like acid

so the script looks through the messages for a certain word selected in the script... like acid...

... just install it secretly and boom! done...

although this will probably make you loose most of your freinds :P

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by dexluther on 06-06-2008 at 08:45 PM

A script like this would be extremely abused. If you don't want to be nudged then turn them off in your options, or install the Mess patch and when they nudge you teach them a lesson by sending about 50 of your own (make sure to enable the prevent window shaking and nudge protection options).

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by Some 1 on 06-07-2008 at 12:47 AM

Thanks guys but I still know it's possible, so if I ever find a way to develop it, I will post the news if anybody wants it.;)

RE: RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by dexluther on 06-07-2008 at 03:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Some 1
Thanks guys but I still know it's possible, so if I ever find a way to develop it, I will post the news if anybody wants it.;)

probably not the way you think/want it.

I'm sure/would hope they made sure it wasn't possible. At the very least if it was possible I don't think they'd let you post it here.

They took features out of old versions of Plus! because they believed it infringed on the privacy of other MSN users (correct me if I'm wrong but I remember early version of Plus! having a block checker).

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by Jarrod on 06-07-2008 at 07:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dexluther
They took features out of old versions of Plus! because they believed it infringed on the privacy of other MSN users (correct me if I'm wrong but I remember early version of Plus! having a block checker).
i don't recall one but i didn't use plus pre wlm but in the protocol in use for 7.5 this was possible, but the protocol has changed and is no longer possible, i think the feature was probally removed due to the change in protocol
RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by Lou on 06-07-2008 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dexluther
Plus! having a block checker).
Maybe, but it's not possible anymore. (and it's not they, there's only one developer for Plus! ;))
quote:
You don't know, because it's not. No matter what, unless you actually install a program on those contacts' computers when you visit them, it's not possible.
RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by Voldemort on 06-07-2008 at 02:02 PM

Even if you created a script that needs to be installed at both sides for it to work.... it won't be allowed here

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by foaly on 06-07-2008 at 03:16 PM

quote:
sure it is, just hack the MS servers, or send a logon request using the victims password...

if this was possible you could just do something like:
code:
OnEvent_ContactSignin(email){
logout(email);
}

just imagine the results...
RE: RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by dexluther on 06-07-2008 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
Thanks guys but I still know it's possible,
if this was possible you could just do something like:
code:
OnEvent_ContactSignin(email){
logout(email);
}

just imagine the results...

Riots, Famine, Decease, looting, and general unrest world wide. 8o|

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by zogo on 06-07-2008 at 08:52 PM

nahhh msn isnt used by the goverment they use aim instead :P

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by CookieRevised on 06-07-2008 at 10:57 PM

Anyways, bottom line: it is not possible.

And Plus! never ever had a block checker. And I wouldn't know any feature which would have been taken out because of privacy reasons, as far as I know (which is Plus! 2).

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by Some 1 on 06-15-2008 at 06:15 PM

You know this new way of modifying messenger by scripts has many more possibilities and in this computer world I just know it is possible for even more with just those messenger scripts but that would be morally wrong thing to do. But scripts are like executable programs and even if the command wold be not allowed the program itself makes it more powerfull.

RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by CookieRevised on 06-15-2008 at 11:00 PM

Some 1, it is not possible.

Furthermore, script do have limitations.

RE: RE: Sign contact out of Msg. by dexluther on 06-16-2008 at 10:33 PM

quote:
You know this new way of modifying messenger by scripts has many more possibilities and in this computer world I just know it is possible for even more with just those messenger scripts but that would be morally wrong thing to do. But scripts are like executable programs and even if the command wold be not allowed the program itself makes it more powerfull.

If you know so much, then why don't you make it yourself?